SWAMP Community Forums
March 24, 2008, 02:40:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Boyette Scrub Trail Map available to SWAMP Mountain Bike Club members.  Check the Trail Maps section.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHE BANG!!!!!!!  (Read 188 times)
scooter
« on: November 23, 2007, 04:04:47 PM »

After just two rides with the new X.O. twisties, I cracked the left shift indicator window(Had to throw the bike out from under me on moonscape as I was doing my superman impersination)I landed on my feet Smiley, the bike landed on the shifter Undecided. After talking to Sram they told me I had to return both shifters to Performance for an exchange. After returning from vacation and giving Performance ample time for the exchange I called only to find they credited my card because they discontinued the twisties Huh A call would have been nice! So I did the ebay shuffle and scored some X.O. triggers. I just installed them and SHE BANG!!!!! This Sram stuff don't play. Having just swapped out silky smooth XT shifters and RD, this sram stuff is a whole different animal. The shifts seem to be a little quicker(and harder) even more so than the twisy setup I breifly had. Time will tell but this seems like it should be GOOD! The only drawback I see is that the Sram RD's seem to stick out a little farther than the Shimano stuff and could be a liability. I will post my thoughts again next month to give one riders opinion of the Sram drive train after I have had some time to thrash it Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: