SWAMP Community Forums
June 04, 2008, 11:49:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remember to login to view all of the boards and topics available to you.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where exactly is DOOM???  (Read 1687 times)
scubastud
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« on: December 08, 2007, 06:58:40 PM »

I rode/walked Moonscape the other day and I'm not quite sure exactly where Doom is.........

I rode the trail until the first split.........ended up walking to the right ( I think) and it looped around ( tough climb/ downhill) and appeared to tie back in at some point.........looked ridable but tough of course.

However, I stayed to the left and came to the next intersection where a trail went off to the left and climbed a ridge where the option I rode was running parallel the entire way while the hard option went up and down this ridge...........the option had a TOUGH downhill with a decent drop off in the end......I walked it and one point of the trail appears to possibly be the highest point in the entire park?? Is this doom or some other option??

Thanks for any insight.........

"Life is short so break the rules and never regret anything that made you smile..."
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 07:11:51 PM »

After you enter moonscape and do the first little climbs and the drop( M. Killanewbie),then the low trail that winds around the hill and up to the 180 degree turn, thru the rocky climb and finally down the long sweeping downhill to the left , you hair pin back to the left and up a climband where it goes back down there's a trail right to your left with a tough root (for me), and a climb to a ridge section that leads to acouple ups and downs and an immediate left hand drop. Thats Doom.

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Harvey
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:40:13 PM »

I rode/walked Moonscape the other day and I'm not quite sure exactly where Doom is.........

I rode the trail until the first split.........ended up walking to the right ( I think) and it looped around ( tough climb/ downhill) and appeared to tie back in at some point.........looked ridable but tough of course.

This section is Doom.

However, I stayed to the left and came to the next intersection where a trail went off to the left and climbed a ridge where the option I rode was running parallel the entire way while the hard option went up and down this ridge...........the option had a TOUGH downhill with a decent drop off in the end......I walked it and one point of the trail appears to possibly be the highest point in the entire park??

This section is after Doom joins back in and is unofficially called No Dab Ridge.

scubastud
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 09:09:12 PM »

Good to know........I will have to try Doom...........looks  tough but I'll have to give it a shot........

now that ridge called you call 'No dab ridge' ....now that looks TOUGH !!!

"Life is short so break the rules and never regret anything that made you smile..."
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 06:07:59 AM »

Thanks Harvey, I didn't know that had a name.

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
MOOSE
First Bike

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »

Pic of the drop at Doom. Funny how it doesn't look like much... and it really is a chamois filler... The line has changed from this older pic but it's probably tougher now.

kerbouchaud
First Bike

My other ride is Yo Mamma!

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »

What exactly is a chamois filler?

Just Throw $$
Jersh
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 09:57:42 PM »

What exactly is a chamois filler?

something that makes you muddy your britches

Josh O'Donnell Photography
http://www.joshodonnell.com
kerbouchaud
First Bike

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 08:50:25 PM »

I gathered as much, Just a smart ass comment from a guy who rides in Baggies Cheesy

Just Throw $$
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 10:42:35 PM »

I still fail to see the appeal of tights. They just feel like a diaper. Real men ride commando style Roll Eyes

Just watch, for saying that I'm goina end up ripping the butt of my short off next time I ride. Then every one will know I'm truely a Crazy White Guy Grin
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:12:56 AM by Garry » Logged

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »

I still fail to see the appeal of tights. They just feel like a diaper. Real men ride commando style Roll Eyes

Just watch, for saying that I'm goina end up ripping the butt of my short off next time I ride. Then every one will know I'm truely a Crazy White Guy Grin

Bicycle shorts, (tights - spandex), do have rider comforts that are also intended to be worn commando style.  They hold the boys together for the guys, and have a chamois pad to avoid chafing issues for both men and women.  You can apply chamois cream to the pad for those long hot rides to avoid any rash type issues.
They also hold the muscles somewhat compacted together.  They are cool and breathable, wicking moisture away from the body.  Baggies have an inner spandex liner as to offer an outer shell for convenience of pockets and the regular shorts look.
slowfatguy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »

I don't know what a diaper feels like so I'll have to take your word on that! Grin I wear baggies myself, but I cut the cheap liner they all seem to come with out and wear a good pair of shorts underneath.

my other ride has 599 more hp.
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 03:41:18 PM »

Yeah Garry, the do keep the boys together, a little too together.

kerbouchaud
First Bike

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 10:44:40 PM »

I prefer to let the man parts hang as much as possible. You will occasionally mash yourself, but I'd rather mash myself once every couple of rides than ride mashed the whole way.

Just Throw $$
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 12:37:25 AM »

Applaud for you.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: