Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Cowbell Challenge  (Read 4192 times)

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
Cowbell Challenge
« on: December 25, 2007, 10:15:33 AM »
Here is one that is a little far but looks like a lot of fun. 

http://www.cowbellchallenge.org/index.htm
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline gatoroofer

• First Bike
  • ride for fun ride for life
Re: Cowbell Challenge
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 12:49:18 PM »
Looks like fun, I would like to try something like that..
Ride for fun ride for life.

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 05:37:41 PM »
We were thinking about going to see my wifes family in West Virginia this coming summer, so that might be an option for my family as well. We could do the co-ed team thing we do at Squiggy, and then go on to W.V. I actually know someone who lives in Charlotte and could probably stay there. I'd really like to get the kids into some other forms of bike racing. They seem to be very interested>
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 09:35:27 PM »
I might be up for some of that action.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 09:47:39 AM »
Looks interesting.....

Harv, EddieO, Monkeyboy, or anyone....  Do you know the types of trails?   This may be a good warm up for the Fool's Gold.  Unless Eddie changed the date.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 09:49:28 AM »
Saw Beercan yesterday, he says he is going to do this.

Offline cowbellracer

• First Bike
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »
Charlotte, NC – The Cowbell Challenge 12hr Mtn Bike Race is again on the 2008 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Ultra-Endurance Calendar  will be on June 21, 2008.   
  The Cowbell Challenge is the 12hr North Carolina State Championship Race!!!  The catigories are Mens and Womens Solo, Dou Men, Women and Co-ed, Junior (4-racers), Master 30+ (4-racers), Mens and Womens Team (4-racers), as I know of...  ??? 

;D EQUAL PAYOUT FOR MALE & FEMALE Open/Pro categories as follows:   ;D 
1st place $600.00 
2nd place $300.00 
3rd place $150.00 

Also races with in the race, Prolog race, King and Queen on the Mtn Points race, Fastest Male and Female lap awards and Good Sportmanship Award   

On line registration is now open at www.bikereg.com and www.active.com. A USA Cycling Mountain Bike race license is required to compete. Registration closes on June 18th, 2008. More information about the race can be found at www.cowbellchallenge.org or by contacting organizers@cowbellchallenge.org

Seven more days left before the entry fees go up by $10 for the Cowbell Challenge. , save $10 by Feb 29th
You can get registered at www.active.com or www.bikereg.com or go to the Cowbell website and download the form and mail it in, www.cowbellchallenge.org
Reminder there will be no day of regestration for the race this year.

Offline VELOMATT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Have a nice day!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »
Looks interesting.....

Harv, EddieO, Monkeyboy, or anyone....  Do you know the types of trails?   This may be a good warm up for the Fool's Gold.  Unless Eddie changed the date.

Let me see what is going on and I will get back to you as far as racing, but as far as the trails I have never ridden in Charlotte sorry :)
Gears??? We don't need no STINKING GEARS!!!

Offline cowbellracer

• First Bike
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 04:02:56 AM »
What are you racing for? The Cowbell is a race for the racers… one that does some fundraising for a few great causes…
Pro-Open Male and Female Solo:  Equal Payout--1st-$600, 2nd-$300, 3rd-$150--and yellow Winner jersey; top 3 receive a nice bottle of Shannon Ridge wine; sponsored by The Right Words and Shannon Ridge Winery.
Single Speed Male and Female Solo:  Equal Payout--1st 300, 2nd 150, 3rd $75--and yellow Winner jersey and Terrapin Beer, sponsored by Terrapin Beer and Wake-N-Bake Racing.
Prolog Race to the Course:  First Male and Female to reach the course, sponsored by Maxxis.
Fastest Lap, Male and Female:  of the 12-Hour race, green Sprinter Jersey, sponsored by Maxxis.
Fastest Night Lap, Male and Female:  front head light and back red light, sponsored by Princeton Tech.
King and Queen of the Mountain:  winners of the first lap race of 4 to 5 climbs, Red Dotted Jersey, sponsored by Organic Systems and Shannon Ridge Winery.
Top of the Hour: first racer to come in each hour, custom labeled Café du Cowbell coffee, roasted and sponsored by Kinetic Koffee.
Good Sportsmanship Award:  to the racer displaying the best race attitude—heart, spirit, and kindness, sponsored by Cheech’s Creative Concepts.
Best Support Crew Award: to the crew providing the best support for their racer or team for 12 hours, sponsored by Cheech’s Creative Concepts.
Dead Last Award:  to the racer that comes in last place, sponsored Terrapin Beer and Wake-N- Bake Racing.
Hope you come out and enjoy the race!
After we pay all the race bills, ALL of the proceeds (remember, it’s also about raising money for a few causes by racing in the Cowbell) will go towards:
Town of Davidson Parks & Recreation Youth Program Scholarship Fund, Hospice of Lake Norman, IMBA, Tarheel Trailblazers, and the Dirt Divas.
www.cowbellchallenge.org

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 08:21:33 AM »
Cowbellracer,
Thanks for coming on here to give us the info first hand.  I for one been thinking of going up.  But Gas prices are high and my big spacy <15 miles per gallon SUV is not such a good idea anymore.

I been wondering what the "Amateur Sport" category is.  I figured is for beginners that are not Pro's.  But will that include the "Expert" category or are you putting the experts with the Open Pro cat?  Also, why is there no pay out for the Amateur Sport cat?  Well, just wondering since I would be on the SS class.

Beercan, GatorRoofer, Ken, Matt, FireBiker you all express interest on it.  Anyone going?  There is a 6 hr race as well.

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 02:01:04 PM »
I will not be able to make it.  My family is going to be on vacation that week.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Advertisement: