Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: took a swim  (Read 1288 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
took a swim
« on: December 26, 2007, 09:14:05 PM »
finally happened to me. Was at LHP on Christmas morning, second lap. Rode the drop into Sneaky Snake, and in the next little section where it is kinda narrow clipped a root that sticks out from the bank with my pedal. I knew instantly I was going in. Tried to bail from the bike, landed with my left leg about thigh deep in water and ended up rolling in, only about mid thigh though. Bike ended up completely under water though. Took 2 1/2 years, but it finally caught up with me!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
Re: took a swim
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 10:24:51 PM »
I guess it just a matter of time for those who ride LHP, or is it?  ;D ;D ;D
I don't ride there often (no reason why, its one of the most technical trail system IMO) so my chances to be swimming is less. I will try to ride there before new year though.

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 08:01:46 AM »
I've lost it several times and slid to the edge or barely in the water but never in. :o That water had to be cold! ;D My problems with that place is with the animals.
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 09:22:37 AM »
Is you bike okay?   

SWAMP's official ride is at LHP this Sunday.  Been here two years and never seen them ride there.  I hope to make it but we'll see.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »
The water wasn't bad at all actually!

Bike is fine, had to pull the boot on the lefty to make sure there isn't any water in there, and pulled the bottom bracket out for the same reason. Rear hub is a King, so I don't think any water could get in there, but I'm going to pull it apart and service it just in case. Only casualty was the wire got ripped out of my planet bike computer.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Advertisement: