Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Ideal Cycling Content / Product Reviews  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Jason & Nancy Daniels

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I like to bike!
    • Metraworks Web Design
Ideal Cycling Content / Product Reviews
« on: January 04, 2008, 03:25:21 PM »
I bought a new bike late last year, and I am really happy with my choice. I got lots of good feedback from experienced riders, friends, and the Internet. I logged quite a few hours on manufacturer sites, magazine sites, MTBR, and other websites in my research, but I still felt that there were some holes in the information available on the web.

Someone here posted a video about the Shimano Vs. Sram drivetrains, and I thought that there should be more stuff like that available.

What do you all think about the type of information that is available and what do you think would be cool to have access to? As a web designer / developer, I am always looking for opportunities, and it appears that there is a pretty large gap in the world of cycling as far as what can be found online.

For example, I was thinking that it could be helpful to see specific numbers detailing suspension / frame effeciency - numbers that identify power output (wattage) and pedal-induced bob and seeing how different bikes compare on standard, empirical tests.

Any thoughts?
Jason Daniels
Salsa El Santo... spicy!

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
Re: Ideal Cycling Content / Product Reviews
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:40:46 AM »
That could be helpful. Jason, was that you on the night ride a few weeks back before Xmas? The one where Marty took us on the wild adventure of exploring new trails. 
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 01:56:59 PM »
That was not him, that was Sharky.

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I like to bike!
    • Metraworks Web Design
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:12:35 AM »
Ken,

I think Gregg introduced us on Sunday - Nancy told me that she saw you spark up an impromptu photo shoot with your kids after your ride... sounded pretty fun!

With regards to the cycling content site - I'd also really like to see professional video footage of pro mountain bike riders and races... better quality than what I find on you tube.
Jason Daniels
Salsa El Santo... spicy!

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:17:17 AM »
Jason,
  That was me. I try to get some photos of the rides we do. Brandy was doing her best new model pose. Check out the pic of Grayden in the Santos Epic thread. He crashed up there and ripped his shorts and I just couldn' t help my self. Everytime I look at it i still laugh. It was nice meeting you two yesterday! :)

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I like to bike!
    • Metraworks Web Design
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 09:22:12 AM »
You too - I would love to try to plan a ride with you, your kids, and my son - we did a group ride with Gregg and his son, Jacob (sp?). My son, Abe, is 11 and while he enjoys himself on the trails, it is always more fun to have other kids to ride with... and pose with  ;D
Jason Daniels
Salsa El Santo... spicy!

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 09:51:22 AM »
That would be great Jason! I think we'll be doing on of the group rides (B- or C), next time. I know that Kenny 14, Savannah 13, and Grayden 11 could handle the B group, but that might be a little to much for Brandy 6. She's done the whole loop before with some of the easier technical trails thrown in, but with a few stops along the way. I'm sure she could do the C group along with my wife. I took Grayden and Brandy on Gator bait, Indian, Grandpa, and Techno Pig, before heading back to the truck. She was worn out after that and the youth ride but Grayden was wanting more.

Advertisement: