SWAMP Community Forums
March 24, 2008, 02:40:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: SWAMP Forums - Please login and join our community.
Anyone can register here for free and login for access to additional boards and topics.  Look near the top left of this page for the register or login links.  SWAMP mountain bike club members have additional access to trail maps and club business topics.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seat post size for 2005 Cannondale Rush 4?  (Read 322 times)
cryptiq
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« on: January 07, 2008, 12:47:38 PM »

Hi, I bent my seat post over the weekend, would like to order a new one.  Does anyone know what size seat post I need?  I called UBC where I bought the bike and they advised me to look at my current post.  I glanced at it this morning on my way out but it was hard to read and I couldn't make out any numbers.  If anyone happens to know what size post my bike takes I would great appreciate it.  I would like to get my order in today while I'm at work in hopes I'll have my replacement post before the weekend.  Thanks guys!

I've tasted death, it could use some hot sauce.
Harvey
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 01:10:29 PM »

Try checking Cannondale's web site. If that doesn't work, call UBC back and ask them to find out for you. I'd think that's the least they could do since you bought the bike from them.

cryptiq
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »

Thanks, I was skeptical thinking the manual wouldn't have the measurement, but I was able to find the seat post size as 27.2mm in the online owner's manual.

I've tasted death, it could use some hot sauce.
scooter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 04:16:23 PM »

Another example of UBC's fine customer service Grin
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 05:16:16 PM »

Another example of UBC's fine customer service Grin

Funny, I was thinking the same thing! Wink

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »

at least their prices are decent. I went to 4 LBS looking for SPD cleats and everyone wanted $22 plus, even for the generics. They (UBS) sold me Wellgos for $16. I dont have a problem with a shop making a profit, but I dont pay full MSRP for anything, I used to be in retail and know what things cost. I really havent had any problem at UBS, but then again I havent bought much from them either.

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »

Darrin,

Remember if you let your LBS know that you are a SWAMP member, the vast majority of them locally will give you a 10% discount. Plus even though it might be a little higher than you might find online, you have someone who will handle warranty issues for you, and you are supporting a local business that shares a love for cycling.

scooter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 08:24:57 PM »

In UBC's defense, they do seem to have the best prices of all the LBS.
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »

Walmart is cheap too! I would rather shop at Target.  A few penny's more for better service.

Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 09:04:41 PM »

In UBC's defense, they do seem to have the best prices of all the LBS.

Yeah, I meant UBC. I support local business that dont rip my head off, Swamp member or not. UBC is well stocked and been in business a very long time. Every time I have been there they were helpful and had good prices. Other shops in the area have treated me like an idiot and talked down to me. When I had my own retail store, I would always try to give good service AND a fair price.

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »

I like dealing with a bike shop as opposed to online also. Chainwheel Drive has been absolutly great to me. They always help me with any problem I have, warranties, products, purchases, etc. They won't sell me anything I don't need or think is not worth th money. I've backed off WalMat also. Did anyone see the documentary on WalMart on the cable channels. It was enough to make you sick. Land and habitat pollution and destruction, they had more assaults on people in their parking lots than anyone else, Sweat shops in China where they force them to live and pay for it to produce their retail products. You've all probably heard about the situation at the Anclote river site in Tarpon Springs over here. Digging up gopher tortises holes by the 10's of dozens with back hoes. i'll get off my soap box now but it pisses me off. When is enough enough? We don't need a WalMart on every corner!

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »

I could go on for hours with Walmart, and I am very pro free enterprise, but that is just a BAD company. The money the save you is negligible. Shop anywhere else but there!!! I am done too.

treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

ssrigid29erposer whoneedsknees nostandingup

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 09:52:31 AM »

I like dealing with a bike shop as opposed to online also. Chainwheel Drive has been absolutly great to me. They always help me with any problem I have, warranties, products, purchases, etc. They won't sell me anything I don't need or think is not worth th money. I've backed off WalMat also. Did anyone see the documentary on WalMart on the cable channels. It was enough to make you sick. Land and habitat pollution and destruction, they had more assaults on people in their parking lots than anyone else, Sweat shops in China where they force them to live and pay for it to produce their retail products. You've all probably heard about the situation at the Anclote river site in Tarpon Springs over here. Digging up gopher tortises holes by the 10's of dozens with back hoes. i'll get off my soap box now but it pisses me off. When is enough enough? We don't need a WalMart on every corner!
Off-Topic but could not resist sorry.

I hate Wal-Mart too but it is us the consumer who wants cheaper product with disregard on how products got into the shelves. But then again it is not the consumers fault to choose cheaper and quality products (it is "free market" and the democratic way) as long as we consider the method on how those items were produced. Maybe the big businesses are to blame since they are the ones fueling the insatiable appetite of consumer for cheap and crappy products anyways. But if you regulate them the response is always "this community will lose jobs" high paying jobs with great health care benefits (sarcasm anyone?). Maybe the government is at fault for letting this business to skyrocket our nation's import (competitiveness or down right profit margin?)? Who knows?

I am not from the retail side of business, all I can say is everything start from the consumer. Let us all be responsible.

Rant End.

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do"-----------Anonymous
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 01:29:01 PM »

Very well put Treadlight. The documentary also had a spot about how many small businesses  WalMart put out of business. Most of those seem to be smaller towns and cities than ours but the result was the same. It kinda goes back to 'you get what you pay for".

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 02:50:39 PM »

Very well put Treadlight. The documentary also had a spot about how many small businesses  WalMart put out of business. Most of those seem to be smaller towns and cities than ours but the result was the same. It kinda goes back to 'you get what you pay for".
Walmart will go into a new market, and send teams of people out with shopping lists, they go into all of the "mom and pop" stores, as well as the larger stores. They will get pricing information on every product line that the sell. They will absoulutely be the lowest price on that item, until the competition withers away, even if it means selling at a loss. After there is no more local competition they will bring the prices of there items to a profitable level.

The jobs that they provide are low paying, jobs with poor benefits. They are filled with the people who used to make a more reasonable wage in the smaller stores.

I know for a fact that this happens, I have witnessed it first hand.

As I said, I believe in free enterprise, but as a consumer I don't have to give my money to this predatory company. I think if more people understood how they come up with such low prices, they might, choice to pay just a little more.

Sorry for going on about this subject.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: