Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Advertising Section on the Board  (Read 1915 times)

Offline YaMon

• Amateur Billy Goat
Advertising Section on the Board
« on: January 07, 2008, 04:25:45 PM »
Couple of years ago at one of the Swamp rides I remember seeing a member that was a fishing guide. I have also ridden with other swamp members, that were pool screen installers, dentists, advertising execs, house painters, and used car salesman.

My point is that many times I need to use one of their services and would much prefer to give the business to a Swamp Member. I have actually been looking for a fishing guide and would much prefert o give the business to a Swamper.

Would it be possible to start a new section whereby you could even charge for advertising thereby increasing your revenues and at the same time promoting the members business/profession??

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
Re: Advertising Section on the Board
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 06:04:37 PM »
That might have been me YaMon. I do charters but as of the moment i need to replace the motor on my boat. I can hook you up with another captain, I know alot of very good ones, or if you have your own I'd be willing to run that for you. Either way let me know if I can help. I specialize in Fly Fishing but also do all other types. What type of charter you want would be helpful in putting you in touch with the right person.
                        Ken
                           Time Flies Charters
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 07:23:51 PM »
I knew there was something fishy about you Ken.

I just couldn't help it. ::)

Offline YaMon

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 08:05:22 PM »
That might have been me YaMon. I do charters but as of the moment i need to replace the motor on my boat. I can hook you up with another captain, I know alot of very good ones, or if you have your own I'd be willing to run that for you. Either way let me know if I can help. I specialize in Fly Fishing but also do all other types. What type of charter you want would be helpful in putting you in touch with the right person.
                        Ken
                           Time Flies Charters

Hi Ken -

Didn't know it was you. A friend and I was discussing it over the holidays. We are in no rush, since he is going to have to find a few days to get up here from Miami. We are mostly interested in going flats and back country fishing. I always wanted to learn how to fly fish, but won't waste a fishing trip till I learn how.

I did a search and noticed that the rates vary by quite a bit. For one thing, I would choose to go on a weekday when the traffic is down. Do you have a website??

Thanks.

PS - I still feel that the Swamp website should have an advertising section. It would increase your revenues and possibly increase membership too. Plus, it would allow us to help each other out.

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 01:25:44 AM »
Do you really want another place with advertising and spam?  I mean don't we see enough of this already?  The FS forum is merely a convenience and it works as it should but to open up the forum to paid advertisers IMO would be a bad move.  I think this forum should stay narrowly focused on bike and bike related topics.  These opinions are of course my own.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline scubastud

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 02:33:44 AM »
I totally agree.

While the idea has merit and good intentions, unfortunately often times business transactions performed with people you know, whether family/friends/coworkers has less than favorable outcomes.

No need having anyones reputation (even just from a clubs standpoint)  becoming tarnished over a potentially dissatisfied customer/client.

As you get to know more of the club members, it's inevitable that you'll become more familiar with them and their profession, which in turn creates a potential networking/business opportunity.
"Life is short so break the rules and never regret anything that made you smile..."

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 07:51:52 AM »
I tend to agree with keeping the forum bike related.

HA! HA! Gregg!

No YaMon I don't have a website but probably should. Let me know when you need the charter and I'll give you some references. Feel free to e-mail me or pm anytime. If you like I'll give you my phone numbers.

Offline YaMon

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »
Do you really want another place with advertising and spam?  I mean don't we see enough of this already?  The FS forum is merely a convenience and it works as it should but to open up the forum to paid advertisers IMO would be a bad move.  I think this forum should stay narrowly focused on bike and bike related topics.  These opinions are of course my own.

Maybe you can think smaller........even a section that is organized by Home Services, Auto Services, Professional Services, Shopping, etc....with the name of the Swamper listed. Nothing that SCREAMS advertising. In the end....if anyone get's any business they may be that more inclined to pay their dues on time. The listing can be optional to see if who sees this as a valuable resource.

Anyways, take it for what it is worth. It's just a suggestion.

Offline YaMon

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 09:09:24 PM »
I tend to agree with keeping the forum bike related.

HA! HA! Gregg!

No YaMon I don't have a website but probably should. Let me know when you need the charter and I'll give you some references. Feel free to e-mail me or pm anytime. If you like I'll give you my phone numbers.

Gregg -

I called my friend and he is in. We just need to figure out a date...maybe you can help out, when does the Snook season start?? Yes, post your number.

Thanks.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »

HA! HA! Gregg!

Huh?

I didn't say anthing, not this time.

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 11:37:18 PM »
At this point you should probably take specifics to PM.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 06:43:09 AM »
Will do.

Advertisement: