SWAMP Community Forums
March 30, 2008, 02:04:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: SWAMP Forums - Please login and join our community.
Anyone can register here for free and login for access to additional boards and topics.  Look near the top left of this page for the register or login links.  SWAMP mountain bike club members have additional access to trail maps and club business topics.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mavic Crossmax Users?  (Read 490 times)
eclark
First Bike

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »

i have some deemax's that i am quite happy with, though they don't see much use here.  I have seen a bunch of Abner built wheels under some serious clydesdales and they appear happy.  Plus he does the solder thing on the spoke crosses, it looks a little ugly but makes a hell of a wheel.
Darren
First Bike

Got Dirt?

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »

I ride on CrossMax XL Discs and I have not been able to break them. I am 6'3 and weigh 235... I hammer them pretty darned hard, and they have been bullet proof for me. I can't count how many XT and XTR hubs I have broken.

I also have a set of Chris King ISO Disc laced on a Mavic 817 rim... these are on my hard tail. Happy with them as well. What I like about the Kings over the CrossMax hubs is the ratchet reset when peddling backwards. It is easier to time your pedals when you have to reset on a climb, or a switchback.

I would say get the CrossMax wheels... they roll very well!!!

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: