Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: WT50 results  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
WT50 results
« on: January 12, 2008, 06:20:58 PM »
What a great day for am endurance ride! 

The WT50 - which started out as a dozen folks not wanting to miss out on the first 50 miler of the year, after San Felasco filled up in less than a week, turned into 38 riders converging on the Trout Creek parking lot ready to tackle all of the trails Wilderness Trails has to offer, (otherwise known as Morris Bridge). 

There were no SAG stops to offer, but it would have sure been nice to have two.  There was no one serving lunch, but that would have been welcome as well. 

Instead everyone was on their own to be in riding shape and nutrition up for the ride, and have their own lunch stop after the first 25 mile lap.  The second 25 mile lap went in the opposite direction of the first as both tackled the Hog infested Morris Bridge side, and the tamer Flatwoods side.

Everyone had a great time and all seemed eager to add this to next years endurance rides as a 4th fifty.  Hmmm, we’ll see.

At the end there were 25 out of the 38 riders who did the whole 50 miles to add to the “TRE FITTY” for the triple crown.

Those that finished for bragging rights are:

Garry Rosseter
Micheal Fry
Sanbi Rounbi
Dave Koser
Ronald Zajac
Janice Eskesen
Kelly Gray
Kevan Sheridan
Gabrielle Falk
Gregg Irving
Grahm Brink
Tom Paggio
Jon Kepics
Patrick Clark
Adele Gustafson
Tony Porter
Gary Ewell
Frank Truluck
Dale Skull
Ken Odum
Kenny Odum
Humberto Diaz
Bobby Leclair
Mike Cunningham
Morisson (61,45 miles; 6 hrs. 29 minutes on rigid frame 29er)

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
Re: WT50 results
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 08:38:44 PM »
Congrats to everybody.   :D ;D
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 10:45:44 PM »
Garry -- Thanks so much for putting together the WT-50. Good route, good day, good people, great time. Thanks again.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 06:56:55 AM »
Very impressed with you guys. I look forward to joining in on one of these 50 milers as soon as I get my skills and cardio built back up from being a lazy ass for 10 years. It was great to see the parking lot filled with Swampers yesterday, My 6 year old son was very inspired!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 08:04:34 AM »
Congrats to all....   Tread, you kick arse!

Primo,
Where is my official credit?    :'( :'( :'(   At least a star by my name stating I did it earlier then schedule or something....    ???   No biggie though...   :D

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 08:14:44 AM »
Congrats to all....   Tread, you kick arse!

Primo,
Where is my official credit?    :'( :'( :'(   At least a star by my name stating I did it earlier then schedule or something....    ???   No biggie though...   :D

Great turnout for the WT50!  It started with about a dozen folks wanting to make the THREE FIFTIES, but soon turned into 38 people!  Marcel, and a number of other folks, did a 50 miler out there last week and San Felasco yesterday, so if they finish the next two endurance 50's will have Four Fifties under their helmet.

Great to see all you folks come out for yesterdays replacement 50.  Everyone seemed to have a good time even though the hogs left the place looking a war zone in some areas.

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 08:35:29 AM »
Yes it was a great ride! 8) My family really enjoyed another fantastic Swamp event. I agree we need to do it again next year. My wife and Brandy didn't do the fifty and if they don't next year, I'll volunteer my wife to help with some kind of sag stop lunch. Being a Publix mananger see probably can get some kind of donation towards it. Maybe even a cookout afterwards also. As for the ride, Kenny-14, and Savannah-13 had enough by the end of the first lap. Surprisingly, Grayden-11, wanted to stick it out, and that he did! We had to make a few more fequent stops after the 40 mile mark but he never complained and kept on grinding. :o :) I am so proud of him for finishing and my other kids efforts also. I wish someone could have taken a picture of us riding back on the levy road with hands joined above us as we hit the 50 mile mark. It was a record for both of us, as it was our longest MTB ride to date. We got back to the truck about 5:45ish and were glad to be there. It took longer than riding by myself but well worth it for the comraderie, determination of Grayden, and the joy of seeing his goal acheived while riding beside him. He had been saying for two weeks prior that he wanted to do the ride and I was skeptical that he would finish and I wouldn't want to ride ahead without him and finish my ride. All I kept hearing the week before was, "that'll be my longest ride ever". Not even "if I make it that'll be my longest ride". He had no doubt he would finish. Once again I'm so proud of him and many, many thanks to Swamp for making it possible to experience such a milestone with my son by my side!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 09:23:11 AM »
Everybody say "major props to Garry aka G aka Zoomzoom" for great local event.
Everyone had fun and great time.

Great job everybody.

Heal up Briskie, you are one of my "to do list" this year.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »
Ken that is awesome that you and your son finished together like that.  I'm sure that it is something he will always remember that he did with his dad!  You're post in itself was well worth putting the whole thing together.  The assortment of riders who came together to do this was worth the price of admission if there was one!  Just goes to prove - "build it and they will come." 

Dang, should have used the chamois cream - next one for sure!

I'm ready for Ididaride and Croom 50 - we'll see if I can cut a personal best for time.  :-)

Congratulations to all who pulled the 50!! And those folks at San Felasco too.

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 10:17:36 AM »
Thanks Garry, I won't forget it either! :)

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »
It was a great day and a great ride!!! Thanks again Garry!

Offline SubDude

• First Bike
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 03:09:22 AM »
I want to echo the appreciation in putting this ride on.  It was my first Florida "50" and what a great day for riding.  I look forward to seeing you all at the next two "50s" this year
-Patrick

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 11:39:02 AM »
Ken,
I enjoyed your post alot.  I envy you now.  I can't wait to get my kids out on the trails with me.  See you.

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 02:23:31 PM »
Thanks so much Marcel! How old are your kids? I love it when they ride with me no matter how infrequent it may be. I need to find a way to get the two oldest ones a little more inspired though. They don't seem to want to push themselves as hard as they used to. But, I guess it's not natural to purposely inflict pain upon ones self. 

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 02:33:18 PM »
Question for Garry and the rest of you also. Are we doing the t-shirt thing for the WT50? I think we should, especially being the first one ever. I.m sure Garry andhis powers to be can come up with something interesting!

Advertisement: