Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Mystery cat  (Read 1956 times)

scooter

Mystery cat
« on: January 21, 2008, 01:31:54 PM »
Funny how the human brain works(or doesn't)anyway I am diving south on 41 by archies creek(see mosaic gyp stack)and there on mosaic property are signs stating exotic removal program and I start wondering are they talking plant or animal. Now travel back in time with me to the turn of the century year 2000 that is, I spent 6 years working (yeah right) more like riding around in a golf cart on the expansive grounds of the former Cargill now Mosaic property and remember seeing the exact species(coloring anyway) of the cat I saw at Boyette. Now Boyette is probably 10 miles due east as the crow flies so that is a pretty healthy migration when you consider crossing both U.S. 41 and 301 to get there. The constant loading of exotic ships at the alafia port have surely brought in some exotic species. They have an infestation on site of a animal called a Nutra, for those unfamiliar this is a dog sized Rat! I had completely forgotten about that cat until today :)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Mystery cat
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:24 AM »
Now Boyette is probably 10 miles due east as the crow flies so that is a pretty healthy migration when you consider crossing both U.S. 41 and 301 to get there. The constant loading of exotic ships at the alafia port have surely brought in some exotic species. They have an infestation on site of a animal called a Nutra, for those unfamiliar this is a dog sized Rat! I had completely forgotten about that cat until today :)

The Nutria is a fur bearing animal that makes for some nice coats.  Probably somebody should jump on the opportunity to harvest this exotic creature and make some money!

Offline Amocat00

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Zoom Zoom
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:51:31 AM »
Now Boyette is probably 10 miles due east as the crow flies so that is a pretty healthy migration when you consider crossing both U.S. 41 and 301 to get there. The constant loading of exotic ships at the alafia port have surely brought in some exotic species. They have an infestation on site of a animal called a Nutra, for those unfamiliar this is a dog sized Rat! I had completely forgotten about that cat until today :)

The Nutria is a fur bearing animal that makes for some nice coats.  Probably somebody should jump on the opportunity to harvest this exotic creature and make some money!

Nutria are similar to the cross of a groundhog and a beaver, minus the flat/paddle tail.  I've seen many of them when I was living out on the Outer Banks, NC.

But, back to the horror cat...so, you saw that species 8 years ago and are just now remembering?  So, WHAT species is it scooter?...  ;)
"Ride It Like You Stole It!!!"

~Shawn

scooter

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 12:06:11 PM »
I have no idea. I wonder if someone in the Mosaic environmental department could lend any info?

Advertisement: