Author Topic: anyone know a good orthopedist in or around Tarpon Springs  (Read 2115 times)

Offline jrad

• First Bike
anyone know a good orthopedist in or around Tarpon Springs
« on: March 27, 2008, 11:38:37 PM »
Let me first explain my situation. I have functional scoliosis due to one of my legs being a full inch shorter. I have my shoes lifted to account for half that difference and it has allowed me to be very active. My problems arrive from me playing soccer on thurs. nights. My back gets wrecked and it takes me 4-5 days to recover. Funny thing is, riding my bike is the only thing that seems to help(no lift or crank arm discrepancy when I ride). I realize that soccer may have to go, but there is still an underlying concern. So basically I'm looking for help locating a reputable orthopedist to speak with that has some experience with cyclists. When I find out exactly what type of FS I have I'd like to begin a yoga regimen concentrating on my specific problems. Any help on the yoga front would greatly be appreciated to.

Thanks

Brett

Online BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
Re: anyone know a good orthopedist in or around Tarpon Springs
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »
This guy is a personal friend of mine and I highly recommend him.  I have never been a patient of his but I can attest to his character.

http://www.floridaortho.com/bioJackson.php
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------