Author Topic: Anti cramping suggestions  (Read 2066 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Anti cramping suggestions
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 08:34:22 PM »
I used to take the Endurolytes religously, every ride. Pop a couple pre-ride and usually a few more midway. Fought a cramping problem for a long time. Finally I quit taking them as an experiment, quit getting cramps. ??? At San Felesco I decided to take a few at the lunch break, sure enough about 5 miles later I started cramping (I always get them in a muscle in the inside, almost in the groin area of my quads) but I can usually ride through them. Did the Santos Epic today, but we added some hard stuff, part of the Vortex and some other stuff. No Endurolytes, no cramps. I guess my point is, don't be afraid to try other stuff. What works for some guys may not help you!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 11:30:49 AM »
Did the Santos Epic today, but we added some hard stuff, part of the Vortex and some other stuff. No Endurolytes, no cramps. I guess my point is, don't be afraid to try other stuff. What works for some guys may not help you!
Saw your invite today on different thread too late, btw I don't think I can hang with you hammerheads, thanks. I rode Croom yesterday on my ss but with 32/18.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 12:23:01 PM »
Did the Santos Epic today, but we added some hard stuff, part of the Vortex and some other stuff. No Endurolytes, no cramps. I guess my point is, don't be afraid to try other stuff. What works for some guys may not help you!
Saw your invite today on different thread too late, btw I don't think I can hang with you hammerheads, thanks. I rode Croom yesterday on my ss but with 32/18.
Forgot to add, I was almost on the verge of cramping on both quads but I am pretty sure it was dehydration.

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 10:54:24 PM »
I have used E-Load before and during rides, and haven't had a cramping problem.  It also works well on those long ruck marches, (last one was 20 miles in combat load), and had a camelback full of it no problems.
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/