Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Citrus City Cyclocross Series Final  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
Citrus City Cyclocross Series Final
« on: January 28, 2008, 04:41:57 PM »
Sunday was the finals event for the Largo Cyclocross series. What a turnout! The course was in pretty good shape except for the waterlogged parts. Gary Yates was tearing up the course as usual for a first place finish as was Paul Kevan for second. Gary beat Paul for the state title by 5 points. Kurt Leverett had a great also, with a first place finish I think. They haven't posted the results yet, but I know he passed me once in the Masters 45+. What an animal! I had a 7th or 8th place with a lot better ride than last week. Fellow Swamper Diane Blake took first again in the Women's Cat 4 race and her daughter Michelle finished second to her in the Juniors 10-14 division. There was one rider from the USF cycling team there I beleive in the B race.as was a FSU cycling team rider. The highlight of my day was that my daughter Brandy (8) won her race in the 6-8 year old class and also won the State Championship Title and jersey. Also my 11 year old (Grayden) won his 9-11 division race and also took the state championship title and jersey as well! 8) :) Really cool jerseys as well. We need some more Swampers there next year if possible, maybe we could do a Swamp cross team thing. I didn't realize that you and Kurt werre training buddies Harvey! Kurt had alot of good things to say about you. It felt good to know and be in good company with the likes of Kurt, Paul, Gary, and to be associated with you too Harvey. Kurt was talking to me about his youth rider program that he's developing. He was very humble in saying that it was all about the kids. Very nice, that's our future cyclists he's helping! :) I'd really like to thank JasonD for making the trip over here from Tampa to see and pre-ride the course with me and to watch the frst 5 laps, and cheering me on even though he had family visiting and waiting for him at home!! Swamp really does have some great people in it and I'm glad to know  and be associated with you all! :) :) :) :) :) :)
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Jason & Nancy Daniels

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I like to bike!
    • Metraworks Web Design
Re: Citrus City Cyclocross Series Final
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:42:13 PM »
Ken, thanks for inviting me out! I was really excited to see cyclocross in action - I always wondered what those skinny knobby tires were for! it seems that the promoters who run that series like poking fun at you just as much as the Swampers do on the forum! :D

I also wanted to mention how friendly your family was - even with you giving them such a hard time!

I am totally up for a Swamp 'cross team!
Jason Daniels
Salsa El Santo... spicy!

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
Re: Citrus City Cyclocross Series Final
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 05:43:13 AM »
They do raz me alot, but it's all good. I really liked the one "there's only one mustache like that in cyclocross"! :D Getting flashed by almost the whole Chainwheel Dr. crew was special also. :o " The Famous Odum Racing Family" one is funny too. Definately not so much because of the race results but from several St Pete Time articles and some online stories and pictures. Everytime I go into Chainwheel Dr. or Outspokin bike shops, I hear that as soon as I walk in. Chainwheel is very good to me and I couldn't do what I do without them! The owners Tom and Dotty are the best! The announcer was John Sinabaldi. He's known for his work in the bike community, announcing, and with the local road bike clubs and bike advocacy. His father was a 2 or 3 time olympic gold medal wiiner back in the 1930's and early 1940's. His death a few years back made world news and people from all over the world attended his funeral. There was one of his bikes, olyimpic gold medals and U.S. team jerseys by his side. There's alot of history there with John and alot of other's at the race also. It really is a great event!
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Advertisement: