Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Snowbird coming down for springbreak  (Read 1341 times)

Offline buckeyepost

• Forum Newbie
Snowbird coming down for springbreak
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:53:44 AM »
Hey all - My in-laws have a house in Bradenton and since I'm forced to drive down this year (Booo!) I'm bringing my bike and golf clubs. They will provide much needed "alone time." I stumbled across your site and I have to say I'm surprised that there are as many trails as there are down there. I've been mtnbiking in Ohio since I was a kid and I'm always looking for a new challenging trail. So since I'll only be down for a week (March 22-28) what trails should I hit up for a good ride that provide moderate to expert terrain and good trail conditions? Any good bike shops around Bradenton I should visit? Thanks in advance!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: Snowbird coming down for springbreak
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »
Welcome and have fun while you are down here.  Check out one of the group rides.

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »
There are two places that you would really love to ride at.  Alafia and Boyette.  Both offer the type of terrain you are looking for.  Enjoy!
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 02:32:22 PM »
As Jimbo mentioned Boyette or Alafia are the closest and a great diverse trail, just try to update us a couple of weeks before you guys head down I'm sure you can hook up with somebody from Bradenton that you can ride with.

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:37:43 PM »
I'm from Bradenton and since I work for a school, I'll have off for Spring Break from the 15th through the 24th (the Monday after Easter). I'll have figured out a way to put two bikes in or on the CRX by then, so we can car-pool to wherever you'd like to ride. I'd recomend hitting Boyette, Alafia, Carter Rd, and Santos.

Since there are no Cannondale dealers in Bradenton, I go to Village Bikes in Sarasota. However, there is a bike shop on Cortez Rd in Bradenton that seems to be pretty good. I'd recomend against Ringling on Manatee Ave though.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Advertisement: