Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Tuesday Night Ride  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
Tuesday Night Ride
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:39:59 AM »
Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the great ride last night.We had a good pace going and split up a little, got hooked up with Crazywhiteguy, his Dad and someone else. The brisk weather matched the pace. The beers at Beefs with you guys were good too! Looking forward to the next one. :) :)
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: Tuesday Night Ride
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:49:08 AM »
So I went to do the ride again and again traffic made me late and I messed the ride.

If you work in an office and work 9-5 or 9-5:30 like the majority of people these week night rides start too early.  The night rides should start at 7 so that way more members could be involved.  I hear this from the rat race 9-5ers all the time.  I am sure that with attendance going up the park ranger would make more $ so he wouldn't mind it being 1/2 later.

another thing - night rides are extremely fun....why does it only happen in the winter?

wouldn't it make sense to do a 8-10 pm night ride during the summer so that you could have the excitement of a night ride and have cooler conditions when you ride?  This would also be nice for those that have to scramble and gamble that traffiic may or may not let them get to a 6pm ride. 

Let's stop making swampers drive through rush hour traffic to scramble to get to these rides when a little tweaking of the times could make it a much better experience for a larger group of swampers.

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 09:53:07 AM »
The traffic almost made me late coming from Clearwater too. I', going to start leaving earlier and get some miles in before the night ride. Factor you're just going to have to tell the boss you need the afternoon off on Tuesdays to go ride. I'm sure he'll understand,lol! ;) ;D
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:54:03 AM »
yea - it sucks to have to have a job to afford the bike that I can't ride because I am working to buy bike stuff...haha

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 09:56:02 AM »
yea - it sucks to have to have a job to afford the bike that I can't ride because I am working to buy bike stuff...haha

Ain't that the truth!! ;D
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

scooter

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 09:56:56 AM »
I like your way of thinking FactorE. I just took a new job that requires me to work Tuesday's till 7 :'( I really miss those Tuesday night romps.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 09:59:07 AM »
the more I think about it the more I think a later start night ride through the summer would be sweet

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:13:51 AM »

Ain't that the truth!! ;D

You said Bro.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 10:30:01 AM »
Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the great ride last night.We had a good pace going and split up a little, got hooked up with Crazywhiteguy, his Dad and someone else. The brisk weather matched the pace. The beers at Beefs with you guys were good too! Looking forward to the next one. :) :)

The other guy was Max. Craig and I thought you guys were with us. Sorry 'bout that. It was a great night though.

I can sympathize with  you guys that can't get there to do these rides :(, and I agree it would be nice if the park could stay open later to accomodate later starters. It would also allow for longer rides too :).

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »

The other guy was Max. Craig and I thought you guys were with us. Sorry 'bout that. It was a great night though.

I can sympathize with  you guys that can't get there to do these rides :(, and I agree it would be nice if the park could stay open later to accomodate later starters. It would also allow for longer rides too :).

am I the only one feeling that a nice summer night ride when the weather cools down would be a fun weekly?

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »

am I the only one feeling that a nice summer night ride when the weather cools down would be a fun weekly?

Hey I am just glad you are back on the board again.

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »

I agree!  I definitely wasn't the same without you Jonathan!
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »

I agree!  I definitely wasn't the same without you Jonathan!

Sniff......Sniff..... me too!!! ;D We thought you pawned your bikes and computer. ;)

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:04 AM »
dude, did the wife let you out last night! ;D

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer