SWAMP Community Forums
December 11, 2008, 08:48:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

History Commands

[Today at 08:31:26 PM] Gregg: just keep pedaling

[Today at 08:32:06 PM] Slowy: i TRY, lol

[Today at 08:32:49 PM] Slowy: i get MAYBE 20miles in a WEEK (when my bike is not broke)

[Today at 08:33:16 PM] Gregg: that is only 80 less than me

[Today at 08:34:07 PM] Slowy: only....

[Today at 08:34:58 PM] Gregg: yeah only

[Today at 08:35:34 PM] BillT: what's up gregg?

[Today at 08:35:40 PM] Slowy: i still would like to get some roadie rims for my bike, just to get miles in during the week

[Today at 08:36:28 PM] Gregg: sup

[Today at 08:36:35 PM] Slowy: well, i'm out. talk to ya'll later

[Today at 08:36:46 PM] Gregg: returned your pm built

[Today at 08:37:27 PM] Gregg: by joe

News: Squiggy Classic 6 Hour Mountain Bike Race (Mar 14, 2009), information and registration  here. How will you do?

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trout Creek South of Morris Bridge Rd Closed week of 2/15  (Read 977 times)
cryptiq
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« on: February 12, 2008, 11:21:51 AM »

I noticed signs at Trout Creek park indicating the Park would be closed from 2/11 - 2/16 I believe?  I called the ranger this morning just to verify what was closed.  Sounds like they are paving the entrance and parking area.  From what I understand, the park is closed to bikes too...ie you can't ride the entire main loop b/c there's no access into Trout Creek south of Morris Bridge Rd.

If anyone has better or more accurate information please keep me honest.  Thanks!

I've tasted death, it could use some hot sauce.
Rockhopper
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »

Hey -- I was there on Monday. If you stay on the berm all the way to the road the fence is often open when they are paving. So instead of dropping down onto the access road, just stay on the berm until you get to the fence. If it's open, go out onto the main road and turn left. I don't think the pavers care about bikes as long as you stay off the access road. (In other words, stay on the berm)

There is also a way off the berm and out toward the Interstate near the dam/bridge above the Trout Creek parking lot. It's a little trickier to find, but it's there. If you find it, turn left at the end of the trail (it's not much of a trail) and then ride until you hit Morris Bridge Road.

The easiest thing to do, I guess, is to park in the Morris Bridge parking lot or the Flatwoods parking lot and avoid the Hole in the Fence and Trout Creek parking lot altogether.

cryptiq
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 01:48:57 PM »

Thanks...I was a bit perplexed after talking to the ranger...as I would think I could probably cross over Morris Bridge Rd East of the hole in the fence, and find an entrance w/out interfering with the paving but I didn't want to risk it as I was on a tight schedule this AM.  Your entrance closer to the interstate (West of hole in the fence) sounds ideal...I can't recall where the fence lines are but maybe I'll check that out Thursday.

Gregg
Global Moderator
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 03:07:45 PM »

There is also a way off the berm and out toward the Interstate near the dam/bridge above the Trout Creek parking lot. It's a little trickier to find, but it's there. If you find it, turn left at the end of the trail (it's not much of a trail) and then ride until you hit Morris Bridge Road.

This would be the only way around, as they have closed the gate to the bridge. 

"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"
cryptiq
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »

OK, I think I've given out bad info.  Are they paving the entrance North of Morris Bridge Rd or South (Hole in the Fence)?

Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »

North I beleive.

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Gregg
Global Moderator
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »

OK, I think I've given out bad info.  Are they paving the entrance North of Morris Bridge Rd or South (Hole in the Fence)?

Yes. North. It is the entrance to Trout Creek park where the Sunday club rides start from.

"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"
cole
Land Manager
First Bike

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 08:14:42 PM »

I know it alway seems illogical by closing the entire park when there are ways....
However,  you would be surprised if we left the choices to the logical mind.  Excuse me sir why is there asphalt on my bike?  You can ride all other areas except TC.  If you try to make an entire loop on the main trail your trip maybe 28 miles long.  The good news is improvements mean they plan on keeping us around for awhile. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: