SWAMP Community Forums
June 05, 2008, 02:19:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You for participating in our Forums!  You add character to our site!

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swamp club demographics  (Read 1535 times)
noble
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »

Yeah it is always cool to find new lines.

Mike Cole
LTS guy
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

I named my bike sinister, because it is. ;/

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2008, 12:17:21 AM »

I like jumps.. its a veeeery niiice..

at Morris Bridge, when crossing the dam, I'll purposely ride down the embankment on the north side, just to launch off the second drop...then theres the ride back up the embankment, but heh, you got to pay to play. lol
I've turned my fair share of short stubby hills into jumps, at Alafia, mostly because I hit it, going entirely too fast, and the bike more or less jumped, with or without me..lol
as much as I like jumps, I don't want to turn every trail, into a rolling BMX track..

but some, would be nice.Cheesy

Run-4-3v3r
Birdman Flight club
JasonD
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

I like to bike!

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2008, 07:12:54 AM »

There's also that spot at Wilderness on your way back to hole in the fence. The jump is coming out of the little gully near the kiosk before you take the one way out to the parking lot. If you carry enough speed out of speedway, you can catch a nice bit of air. There's also a little launch spot on one of the trails crossing the gully. It is hard to carry speed if the sand is too soft, but if you ride it after a rain, you can get airborne pretty easily.

Jason Daniels
Red Gary Fisher (HKEK / Big Sur Hybrid)
JasonD
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

I like to bike!

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2008, 07:25:37 AM »

Oh yeah - I'm 36, but Nancy is under 35  Smiley, and Abe is 11. One of the things that drew me to joining the club is seen older riders (over 50) kicking a##!

I'm out at Wilderness trails almost every day, and I would say that the ratio of under 35 riders to over 35 riders is close to what I see at a given club ride / event (keep in mind this is a thoroughly un-scientific observation!). Another observation noted at several races this past season is that the vast majority of racers fall into the 30 - 40 year old range.

However, one thing I would like to point out is the last Squiggy race (and most SWAMP rides), the ratio of Female to Male riders is much higher than what I see out on the trails and at the various races. I think the club has done a great job appealing to men and women, and in my (relatively short-lived) mountain biking experience, not at the expense of challenging trails and rides.

Jason Daniels
Red Gary Fisher (HKEK / Big Sur Hybrid)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: