Author Topic: Squiggy conditions  (Read 7199 times)

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
Re: Squiggy conditions
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 09:59:24 PM »
R u sure you still know how to use a gearie Treadlight? Sorry, I've only seen you on your ss lately, LOL! ;)

He just pretends to shift now, moving his thumbs back and forth. His legs have the strength of ten men, with no need to use a derailuer. Very impressive Morrison!!
What I learned from riding singlespeed (maybe too soon), I think its overated.

They always said that its hard to ride a singlespeed but I think it depends on the gear combination you have. I think anybody can do it. Having a singlespeed means to have self restraint and patience, you will know that everybody will pass you on fire roads and flat sections, its a matter of reeling them in once you hit the single track and climbs.

It does force you to stick it out with what you have, either you will be overspinning or you will be grunting.

But I think its not hard and I know anybody can do it. IMHO

I think that you do not give yourself enough credit, I know you and talked about this yesterday, but you finished with more laps and sooner than others with gears. I am not taking anything away from anyone, but you are impressive on that thing my friend.  :)

But you blew past me...TWICE

Online Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 10:08:37 PM »
Gregg, be sure to tell your son that he was most appreciated standing guard of the connector at Hole In The Fence.  Awesome kid you got there.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »
Thanks Garry, I will show him your post in the morning. I know he will appreciate it.

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 07:01:50 AM »
I didn't realize that was him out there. Happy you introduced him to me Gregg. He high fived me every time I came by. I was looking forward to that every lap.
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 07:08:25 AM »
Jason's son Abe was great too. I had just gotten onto the trail after the shell road and there was a kid on the trail and I said rider up. When he turned around I saw it was Abe. He was intently looking for something, I thought he had a mechanical and stopped to see if he needed help. He was searching for his baton he had dropped. We spent about 3-5 minutes looking for it  and I found it in the bushes. Gave it back to him, he said thanks and before I could get back on the bike and up to speed he was almost out of sight! He was flying. Caught up to him a little bit later as he was going back for the baton laying in the middle of the trail. Suggested he put it in his Camelback for safe keeping.
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »
Yeah, Abe is a good kid! It was great to see so many kids and ladies out!