Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: cleared some trees today.  (Read 1664 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
cleared some trees today.
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:19:42 PM »
Was out riding with a good size group today, and we came across several down trees from the storms earlier this weekend. One was on Spider Berm, one on West Meadow (I think), and the other was on one of the quadrant trails. In all 3 cases they were about 3-4 ft high blocking the whole trail. Tried to make a log cross out of the one on Spider Berm but the way the ground was it would move around and rock, figured if the land managers wanted it gone they could do it later. But we figured it was a safety hazard since it wasn't secured, so we pushed it off the trail.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
Re: cleared some trees today.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:32:54 PM »
Was out riding with a good size group today, and we came across several down trees from the storms earlier this weekend. One was on Spider Berm, one on West Meadow (I think), and the other was on one of the quadrant trails. In all 3 cases they were about 3-4 ft high blocking the whole trail. Tried to make a log cross out of the one on Spider Berm but the way the ground was it would move around and rock, figured if the land managers wanted it gone they could do it later. But we figured it was a safety hazard since it wasn't secured, so we pushed it off the trail.
Good call Jason, Garry is the Trail Boss and I think he would do the same, you just cut the work time for weekend volunteers.

Advertisement: