Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: How you did at 2008 Windy Muddy Squiggy?  (Read 1664 times)

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
How you did at 2008 Windy Muddy Squiggy?
« on: March 10, 2008, 07:15:47 PM »
http://www.swampclub.org/squiggy_results08.htm

Daaaaaaaaammmnn, looks like I did second over-all on singlespeed.
slowfatguy, I think I am ready to join your fast group..........................as a sweeper tho ;D

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: How you did at 2008 Windy Muddy Squiggy?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 07:43:07 PM »
I did pretty well myself.  My personal lap times were below my goals. They were 47, 48, and 52, for an average of 49 minutes. I actually showed only 51 on my last lap, but that didn't take into account that the one and ONLY time I was passed in all 3 laps, the S.O.B. knocked me down. That probably cost me about a half of a minute. I passed him on Heartbreak Ridge... The Karma gods smited him! ;D

My goals were a bit more modest than that. 2 years ago, my lap times were 61,64,and 70.  I shaved 34 minutes off of that. The course length was almost the same. If I recall that course was a tiny bit longer, about a half mile. I wanted to beat them by 20 percent I did more than that. ;D

Those of you who know me, know that this day was important to me, because of what happend to me last year. I had a kick ass time, I am proud of all of you guys and girls who were out there competing, but not taking it too seriously.  This is fun stuff! :)

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
Re: How you did at 2008 Windy Muddy Squiggy?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:31:21 PM »
My first lap was great (55-minutes) but the last two went much worse than expected (75-80 minutes if you don't count the breaks before the laps). 

I'm going to blame my poor performance on the illness I had to fend off 3-weeks prior.  I wasn't able to hit the bike for about 3-weeks before the race (I actually lost 8-lbs the first week of my illness just from the fever and lack of appetite).

But all-in-all I am pretty happy.  My goal was to ride at least three laps in my present post-illness physical condition.  Feel I did fairly well considering this was also my first race in a solo endurance event.  Next year I'll definately be doing a team. 

Advertisement: