SWAMP Community Forums
April 23, 2008, 12:16:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: SWAMP Forums are available to anyone who wants to join in, register now for free by clicking the register link near the top of this page. Registered guests who login have access to additional boards and topics. Please note that all official SWAMP club communications still come from the Yahoo! e-group.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's next?  (Read 481 times)
mksandoz
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« on: March 10, 2008, 10:59:08 PM »

Now that the 50's and the Squiggy are over and done with, what is a beginner 'racer' to do? 

What other races are there for aspiring amateur racers?  I found a few 6/12 hour races in GA coming up on the dirtyspokes website.  Is anyone participating in these or know if they are good events?  I'm hooked and want to have more events on my calendar so I can have goals to work towards.  No way I'm ready to do a 12 hour solo but I could probably trudge through 6 hours solo.

Anyways, any suggestions?

This weekend, I'll be spectating at a 12 hour race - no not at santos or any other wooded area.  I'll be at the 12 hours of sebring sports car race!!!
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:01:28 PM »

I have been planning to join a couple of friends from out of town and ride the 24 hours of Conyers Georgia in May......Something to think about...

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
Anthem1
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 11:09:38 PM »

24 Shocked
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 11:34:56 PM »

A few of us are definetly going to a several of the 6/12 hrs races coming up on the following link.  Looks like the racing bug is catching on.  Exellent...

The Ellsworth guys have been quiet lately but you will find them active (813 Racing) on the Fall series of the same calendar.  Check it out...

http://goneriding.com/EVENTS.htm

FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 09:53:18 PM »

the 24 hour race in conyers is next for me

Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 09:54:38 PM »

Yeah man!

steve
Huffy Rider

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 10:09:34 PM »

April 12th downtown urban mtb race from Red trail racing youve never done anything like it

Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 10:31:04 PM »

That one sounds like a fun one.

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ss29erposer whoneedsknees nostandingup

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 10:47:22 PM »

April 12th downtown urban mtb race from Red trail racing youve never done anything like it
I saw RidgeRiders handing out flyer for this event at Squiggy. I heard its a fun race which is in downtown Lakeland.
Anybody wants to try this?

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do"-----------Anonymous

http://treadlight-mtb.blogspot.com/
http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 10:56:56 PM »

I'm definately thinking about doing it. I love stairs! The guy said there was a four story parking garage climb also I beleive. I think he said it was just over a mile long course.

treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 11:46:39 PM »

I'm definately thinking about doing it. I love stairs! The guy said there was a four story parking garage climb also I beleive. I think he said it was just over a mile long course.
I saw that flyer with stairs......I can take the drops in Alafia but if I screwed on concrete stairs I think burning sensation is an understatement.
But I am thinking on doing this race plus its locally organized.

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do"-----------Anonymous

paragonman
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 01:08:08 AM »

You guys will really like the Urban race in Lakeland! The stairs aren't hard to negotiate. More bark than bite, really. Zooming through the parking garage is a blast! I think Ray (from Red Trail Racing) is trying to make the course a little longer this year. I hear he's also trying to make the Trail-to-Trail race into a series: LHP, Alafia, and maybe Santos.

This is gonna hurt
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 07:34:50 AM »

What's up Mike? Grin

Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 08:19:37 AM »

Traedlight, I think that the stairs are easier than technical rocky drops only because the stairs are evenly spaced and the downhill angle is the same throughout the descent. At Alafia the rocks are different sizes and spaced however they lay and then the drop can vary in degrees also. Yes the concrete will hurt you and the bike more, but rocks hurt too. Just get your butt behind the seat, relax and let it flow. It sounds real cool too going down stairs. Clackita, clackita,clackita! Cool

treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 12:24:52 PM »

Traedlight, I think that the stairs are easier than technical rocky drops only because the stairs are evenly spaced and the downhill angle is the same throughout the descent. At Alafia the rocks are different sizes and spaced however they lay and then the drop can vary in degrees also. Yes the concrete will hurt you and the bike more, but rocks hurt too. Just get your butt behind the seat, relax and let it flow. It sounds real cool too going down stairs. Clackita, clackita,clackita! Cool
Easy for you, cyclocross maniac Kiss Kiss Kiss
The sound is prolly the chain slapping the swing arm?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: