Author Topic: Colon cleansing???  (Read 10371 times)

Offline Jersh

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
    • Josh O'Donnell Photography
Re: Colon cleansing???
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 11:47:41 AM »
I think Marcel has a very valid point here... While I am by no means a GI expert, I do have a fairly strong medical background and therefore would prefer to see some blind scientific clinical studies done on treatments like this before I use them.  Of course this is just my individual opinion.   It's important to remember that Colonix and other similar product are neither approved nor regulated by the FDA, and since they are listed as 'herbal remedies' it is my understanding that they can basically claim whatever they choose so long as they indicate it's herbal and not FDA approved or regulated.  Again, I'm not saying you should or shouldn't use this stuff, but for me, as long as my pooper is workin' like it should and I feel ok, then I'm not gonna mess with it haha.

Dr. J
Josh O'Donnell Photography
http://www.joshodonnell.com

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 12:40:56 PM »
I think Marcel has a very valid point here... While I am by no means a GI expert, I do have a fairly strong medical background and therefore would prefer to see some blind scientific clinical studies done on treatments like this before I use them.  Of course this is just my individual opinion.   It's important to remember that Colonix and other similar product are neither approved nor regulated by the FDA, and since they are listed as 'herbal remedies' it is my understanding that they can basically claim whatever they choose so long as they indicate it's herbal and not FDA approved or regulated.  Again, I'm not saying you should or shouldn't use this stuff, but for me, as long as my pooper is workin' like it should and I feel ok, then I'm not gonna mess with it haha.

Dr. J

and it is important to remember that the FDA and the medical community as a whole benefits by us staying sick and would lose tons of money if we all found more natural ways to take care of ourselves

Offline Jersh

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
    • Josh O'Donnell Photography
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 12:49:56 PM »

and it is important to remember that the FDA and the medical community as a whole benefits by us staying sick and would lose tons of money if we all found more natural ways to take care of ourselves

Oh I completely agree with that as well... I'm by no means saying that these methods are bogus or anything like that. I'm just saying that stuff that products with no oversite can basically claim whatever they want.  I'm the first to admit that the FDA drops the ball quite often, by approving stuff that should never be approved and by overlooking stuff that is very beneficial. 
Josh O'Donnell Photography
http://www.joshodonnell.com

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 02:33:47 PM »

Oh I completely agree with that as well... I'm by no means saying that these methods are bogus or anything like that. I'm just saying that stuff that products with no oversite can basically claim whatever they want.  I'm the first to admit that the FDA drops the ball quite often, by approving stuff that should never be approved and by overlooking stuff that is very beneficial. 

It is too hard to get any real information of stuff like this - I guess first hand testimonials is the way to go

I wish I could get some real info on laser hair removal...but it is too hard to sift through all the garbage

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 02:51:30 PM »
Looking to get a bikini wax? :o

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 03:10:07 PM »

I'm the first to admit that the FDA drops the ball quite often, by approving stuff that should never be approved and by overlooking stuff that is very beneficial. 
And over smooching and all expense travel to Hawaii provided by pharmaceutical company.
Plus they have lobbyist in DC which provides personal jets for Congress to check their "R&D Facility"

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 03:18:19 PM »
Looking to get a bikini wax? :o

i want more than a wax - i want a perminant solution

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »
You're not going to make us wax for the race are you?
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »
You're not going to make us wax for the race are you?

wax?  no no no - tweezers will work

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 04:24:03 PM »
Ouch!!!!
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Dan-o

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: NINER EMD 1X9
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 02:52:19 PM »
It sure seems like there are "procedures" for every ailment out there. And if the FDA and medical field want to keep us sick so they make money, all the herbal remedies and holistic healing factions are trying to get the rest of your money.... Im sure their not in it for the goodwill alone. Heck, get your colon hosed out if you think that will work, but maybe you should think about what you put in it to start with- that is something you control without having to have any procedures done to make you healthy.
Want to have energy and feel good? Try the basics.... a good 30-40 minutes of cardio in the AM( not the liesurely walk or ride but a good solid 1/2 hour of cardio)exercise regularly, eat a good breakfast everyday, stop eating 3 huge meals a day but maybe six smaller ones, cut down on your portion size. Stop eating(drinking)  all that sugar. Eat less amounts of bread and dairy. Work out regularly. You would be amazed at how well you will feel after a month of this. I know I did it when I started working out again. I lost almost 30lbs in 8-10 weeks and felt better than I had in about 8 years. That is why I got back into Mountain biking.
Its amazing what a little common sense will do for you even though I needed a personal trainer for a month to explain to me! And they are out their to get what is left of your cash to make you feel good.
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 11:30:41 PM »
Can't argue with good advice. Well said. We all need to be independently healthy. Basics. I need some motivation, how much did that trainer cost you?
" Not this time, Lance"