Here ya go guys, here's a very simple, healthy, and tasty recipe that my fiance and I really like. It's a great recipe for you bachelors who may be entertaining a lady and trying to impress with some culinary skillz
We really like garlic so I add 8 cloves to this recipe, if you are less of a fan I'd cut it back b/c it is pretty strong with 8 cloves.
8-10 ounces uncooked whole wheat pasta
~4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil,
6-8 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch asparagus (about one pound), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 pound medium or large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 tablespoon lemon zest (zest from one lemon)
¾ cup all-natural chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
6 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from two lemons)
½ cup fresh chopped basil
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook. Drain and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat ~2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the asparagus and cook, stirring frequently, until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Push the asparagus to the side of the pan, add ~2 tablespoons olive oil to the middle of pan, and raise the heat to medium-high. Add the shrimp and lemon zest and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch and add to the pan with the lemon juice and basil. Raise the heat to high and simmer, stirring constantly, for ~ 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
6. Top pasta with the shrimp mixture, mix well, and serve. Add salt, pepper, grated parmesan, and toasted pine nuts to taste.