SWAMP Community Forums
April 06, 2008, 09:36:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Try our live Chat function.  Click the Chat menu button and wait for other users to enter the room.  Log in to the Forum to see the Chat button.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slick leaves!  (Read 222 times)
slowfatguy
Cycling Sherpa

« on: March 30, 2008, 05:52:25 PM »

Rode Santos today, couldn't believe how slick it was from all the leaves on a few trails. We were running Twister heading back to the parking lot and all 5 of us had some close calls sliding around. I couldn't believe how dry it was up there though!

my other ride has 599 more hp.
steve
Huffy Rider

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 06:20:22 PM »

Took two lbs off my pressure today from yesterday and no more close calls(wish we knew you guys were there)

slowfatguy
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 09:50:20 PM »

Were you there with Chris? We tried calling his cell phone but couldn't get through, was probably around 8:30-:45. We had a pretty good group, about 9 of us, would have been fun with a few more. I dropped my air pressure early and it bit me with a tire burp and crash later. Roll Eyes

Anthem1
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 09:59:14 PM »

The loop in side of Flatwoods is the same way, pine needles and leaves galore. I came so close to eating it in a fast corner tonight I had already visualized my self flying thru the air Grin some how I kept the bike under me for a VERY close call Shocked
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »

The loop in side of Flatwoods is the same way, pine needles and leaves galore. I came so close to eating it in a fast corner tonight I had already visualized my self flying thru the air Grin some how I kept the bike under me for a VERY close call Shocked

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
jimn213
First Bike

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 10:09:37 PM »

I had several close calls and 1 wipeout in the leaves at Santos today.  Twister was slippery, I agree.
Rode the WT loop Wednesday after work and it was the same way.  Damn oak leaves!
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 10:26:25 PM »

I ended up putting my shoulder in a tree today while at croom on one of those sandy leaf covered down hills to. We need to start arming our trail crews with leaf blowers this time of year.

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
slowfatguy
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 10:28:19 PM »

I actually think the leaves help the sandy spots. Makes it slick, but better than sugar sand IMO.

Chris
First Bike

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 09:47:54 PM »

Were you there with Chris? We tried calling his cell phone but couldn't get through, was probably around 8:30-:45. We had a pretty good group, about 9 of us, would have been fun with a few more. I dropped my air pressure early and it bit me with a tire burp and crash later. Roll Eyes

My mom tried calling me also and could not get through.  Where are you riding this weekend?
slowfatguy
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 07:33:15 AM »

My mom tried calling me also and could not get through.  Where are you riding this weekend?

Alafia@8. Riding Carter Rd Tuesday and Thursday nights after work, about 5:30 if you can make it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: