SWAMP Community Forums
April 09, 2008, 07:37:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: SWAMP Forums are available to anyone who wants to join in, register now for free by clicking the register link near the top of this page. Registered guests who login have access to additional boards and topics. Please note that all official SWAMP club communications still come from the Yahoo! e-group.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I miss my bike!!! Does this happen to you?  (Read 536 times)
Jimbo
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« on: March 27, 2008, 06:54:12 PM »

I dropped my bike off at the LBS on Monday evening to have the fork rebuilt.  It should be done tomorrow morning.  Does anyone feel that emptiness inside when your bike is somewhere else? Cry Cry  There is only an empty spot where it would usually hang in my apartment.  I want to look at its beauty.  It's not there to be looked at.  I want to clean its drivetrain.  It is not there to be cleaned.  My bike is like a security blanket.  I don't feel right without it. Cry  Is this a sickness that I only have, or do others share in my pain?  I can't type any longer.  I have to grab a tissue!!  Sniff, sniff. Cry Cry Cry

It's not just fun, it's an addiction!
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:23:51 PM »

I feel your pain! I can't understand why my wife doesn't like bikes lining the hallway and my Enduro spending time in the bedroom leaning against the chest. It's comforting to wake up in the middle of the night and see it gleaming in the moonlight keeping me company. Then I roll over and see my wife glaring at me, then I roll back over and look at my bike until I fall into that deep slumber of mountain bike trails!!!!! Huh Wink Smiley

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Jimbo
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 07:37:50 PM »

My girlfriend thinks I have some sort of "problem". Huh

Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 07:38:16 PM »

I dropped my bike off at the LBS on Monday evening to have the fork rebuilt.  It should be done tomorrow morning.  Does anyone feel that emptiness inside when your bike is somewhere else? Cry Cry  There is only an empty spot where it would usually hang in my apartment.  I want to look at its beauty.  It's not there to be looked at.  I want to clean its drivetrain.  It is not there to be cleaned.  My bike is like a security blanket.  I don't feel right without it. Cry  Is this a sickness that I only have, or do others share in my pain?  I can't type any longer.  I have to grab a tissue!!  Sniff, sniff. Cry Cry Cry

Jimbo - it's an addiction.  One that doesn't really have a therapy group to cure - not that you would want to.  There is group therapy to ride though.  I have four bikes and one in pieces.  Tomorrow I will sell one.  Ohhhh, that is hard to do!!  But it must happen.  So when one of my little lasses is in the shop being caressed by a mechanic, the others are there to comfort me until I get her back.  They do quite a good job of consoling me.   I can ride them hard shifting and cranking to high speed, dripping sweat on their backs and they just beg for more.  Ahhh, I love my little gaggle of riding lasses. The newest addition was introduced to the family yesterday.  No jealousy observed as they all receive attention.  Speaking of which, I must get ready to go ride.
:-)
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 07:43:48 PM »

I think we're all beyond hope! But that's okay, we're all in the same boat! I'm comfortable with my insecurities. ( well, most of them!  LOL!!)

Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »

I never talked to anyone about this before except my wife....I have the same problem.. I have less of and issue dropping the kids off at school, or taking the dogs to the kennel when we go out of town... I hate to see the bike rack empty after I leave the bike at the shop. I can't even look back as I walk out the door.

So sad, and pathetic we all are. Cry

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »

Don't worry guys, pot heads feel the same way when they leave the bong at someone elses house.

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
Jimbo
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 08:27:46 PM »

It gets even worse!  My girlfriend is majoring in psychology.  You know she is analyzing the hell out of the "addiction".  Sniff......sniff.

Stumpjumper
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 08:32:24 PM »

Maybe FactorE's wife can help us Huh

What was I THINKING !!!!!!
singletrackmind
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »

I too share this pain...mine is in the shop right now also.

Green Cannondale Prophet.......Now minus the LEFTY....Gone! Soon to be Santa Cruz Blur LT
Coach
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »

That's why you have to have TWO bikes!  Then you only feel half the pain  Grin
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 09:01:59 PM »

I'm surprised Gregg didn't level ne on that post!

Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 09:11:20 PM »

I'm surprised Gregg didn't level ne on that post!

Why just because you have to hook a trailer up to your truck to carry all of those bikes?

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
Alan
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 10:13:41 PM »

I feel the same way.  Can't stand having my bike at the LBS more than a few days.

My wife now wants me to get rid of my old Cannondale now that I have the Redline.  Granted the frame is a bit too small and it isn't very comfortable on long rides.  And yes it is old, outdated, and needs work.  The practical side of me wants to get rid of it since I never ride it and it just takes up space.  However the sentimental side of me doesn't want to sell the bike I purchased new back when I was 17.  Ugh.
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

ss29erposer whoneedsknees nostandingup

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 11:05:49 PM »

The Cure?

Get another, a hard tail, not top of the line but at least something you would not hesitate to bomb in any trail.
At least you are not naming your bike yet Grin

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do"-----------Anonymous

http://treadlight-mtb.blogspot.com/
http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: