Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Slick leaves!  (Read 1773 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Slick leaves!
« on: March 30, 2008, 05:52:25 PM »
Rode Santos today, couldn't believe how slick it was from all the leaves on a few trails. We were running Twister heading back to the parking lot and all 5 of us had some close calls sliding around. I couldn't believe how dry it was up there though!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline steve

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: Slick leaves!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 06:20:22 PM »
Took two lbs off my pressure today from yesterday and no more close calls(wish we knew you guys were there)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 09:50:20 PM »
Were you there with Chris? We tried calling his cell phone but couldn't get through, was probably around 8:30-:45. We had a pretty good group, about 9 of us, would have been fun with a few more. I dropped my air pressure early and it bit me with a tire burp and crash later. ::)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Anthem1

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 09:59:14 PM »
The loop in side of Flatwoods is the same way, pine needles and leaves galore. I came so close to eating it in a fast corner tonight I had already visualized my self flying thru the air ;D some how I kept the bike under me for a VERY close call :o

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
The loop in side of Flatwoods is the same way, pine needles and leaves galore. I came so close to eating it in a fast corner tonight I had already visualized my self flying thru the air ;D some how I kept the bike under me for a VERY close call :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jimn213

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: is fast, but I'm not...
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 10:09:37 PM »
I had several close calls and 1 wipeout in the leaves at Santos today.  Twister was slippery, I agree.
Rode the WT loop Wednesday after work and it was the same way.  Damn oak leaves!
Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 10:26:25 PM »
I ended up putting my shoulder in a tree today while at croom on one of those sandy leaf covered down hills to. We need to start arming our trail crews with leaf blowers this time of year.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 10:28:19 PM »
I actually think the leaves help the sandy spots. Makes it slick, but better than sugar sand IMO.

Offline Chris

• First Bike
    • mtbfamily
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 09:47:54 PM »
Were you there with Chris? We tried calling his cell phone but couldn't get through, was probably around 8:30-:45. We had a pretty good group, about 9 of us, would have been fun with a few more. I dropped my air pressure early and it bit me with a tire burp and crash later. ::)

My mom tried calling me also and could not get through.  Where are you riding this weekend?

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 07:33:15 AM »

My mom tried calling me also and could not get through.  Where are you riding this weekend?

Alafia@8. Riding Carter Rd Tuesday and Thursday nights after work, about 5:30 if you can make it.

Advertisement: