SWAMP Community Forums
June 11, 2008, 10:40:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Squiggy Classic 6 Hour Mountain Bike Race (Mar 8, 2008), 2008 Results  here. How did you do?

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wet & dirty fun at The Hole tonight.  (Read 542 times)
Alan
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« on: April 01, 2008, 09:20:38 PM »

Finally made it out to my first SWAMP ride tonight (bout damn time, I've been here for almost a year).  Great meeting and riding with you guys.  Please don't get offended if I don't remember some of your names the next time around...I'm really bad with names when first meeting new people.

The ride itself was great.  A bit wet and slippery.  I wiped out on the boardwalk (the "slippery when wet" sign wasn't lying) and lost my Cateye.  HUGE thanks to the tall guy in yellow (think your name was Ryan) who offered up his spare Cateye for free!  Definately owe you a few beers.

Not sure if I'll be making it next Tuesday but I'll be coming out to these on a regular basis.  I had a blast riding with you all.  Smiley
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »

Good to finally officially meet you Alan!  The wipe on the boardwalk was a chain reaction from me tapping my brakes and sliding just a little bit a couple of guys in front of you. Sorry, glad you are alright though.  It was wet and dirty, I got to be hosed off outside the house, before I could come in and shower. I think the exact quote was "Your not coming in here and getting MY floors all muddy". Funny the puddles weren't nearly as cold as the water out of the hose Shocked.

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
PIRANHA
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:27:36 PM »

Yeah, that was a pretty good wipe out! As Gregg said, he tapped his breaks just a tiny bit and then I did the same and WHAM!! you were on your azz!!!!!!!!!! It's ok because I followed that up with a spectacular high speed power slide wash out!! Freakin oak tree leaves!!!

Gary Fisher Piranha w/ XT crankset, XT rear, WTB MotoRaptor 2.14 race's, carbon seatpost, Marzocchi MX PRO ETA/TAS
LTS guy
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

I named my bike sinister, because it is. ;/

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 12:26:55 AM »

lol, I dropped my bike in he river once wiping out on the boardwalk to the bathrooms. lol

same situation, a slight tapping of the breaks sent me and the guy behind me sliding across the wood, almost following my bike into the river...Cheesy

Run-4-3v3r
Birdman Flight club
Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 07:13:39 AM »

Spencer and I rode Misery, Grandpa, Palmetto, Washboard, Piglet, and hogwild and were out of there by 7:10pm. We had our share of mud on us as well.

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 07:17:20 AM »

Hey gregg, the idster and I started out at trout creek afer waiting for a thunder cloud to go past at about 4:30. Got over to hole in the fence side and the bottom fell out! We ended up in a major hail storm with lots of lightning! Good clean fun! ended up wth 20 miles at a 14.1 av. Idster was putting a hurting on me! I was hoping to cross your path, because Eric wanted to go out early. Hopefully I will see you at my next ride! Cool
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 09:03:33 AM »

Hey gregg, the idster and I started out at trout creek afer waiting for a thunder cloud to go past at about 4:30. Got over to hole in the fence side and the bottom fell out! We ended up in a major hail storm with lots of lightning! Good clean fun! ended up wth 20 miles at a 14.1 av. Idster was putting a hurting on me! I was hoping to cross your path, because Eric wanted to go out early. Hopefully I will see you at my next ride! Cool

Crap that's fast Shocked Tongue....Anthem1 and I ended with 20 miles at a 12.7 avg. We started a little slower than we have the past few weeks, because of the wetness over by the river, but we picked the pace when the storm clouds began to threaten and Factore, Piranha, Mike and Alan decided to take the double track back.

We were in a groove as we carved through Flatwoods, we brought the avg from 11.9 to 12.6 before we got to Panther blasting through the center, and only lost .2 mph through Panther. By the time we dropped back in to the trails at 41 we were back up to 12.7......Bayshore and Coconut grove were pretty slippery by then, so it was all about not dropping below the glass ceiling of 12.7. We were going to go back in for a couple more miles at the hole, but.....we needed windshield wipers at that point.  Good messy fun!!! 

I will be out of town next week skiing in Colorado, but the following Tuesday ......  Grin Grin

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
Alan
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 07:42:34 PM »

Good to finally officially meet you Alan!  The wipe on the boardwalk was a chain reaction from me tapping my brakes and sliding just a little bit a couple of guys in front of you. Sorry, glad you are alright though.  It was wet and dirty, I got to be hosed off outside the house, before I could come in and shower. I think the exact quote was "Your not coming in here and getting MY floors all muddy". Funny the puddles weren't nearly as cold as the water out of the hose Shocked.

Good to finally meet you as well. 

I wasn't really paying attention and at the last minute saw you guys had slowed down...so I clamped down a bit too much on the rear brake and I was getting friendly with the boardwalk.  Now I know why there are caution signs for the bridges in Heartbreak.  Note to self:  use caution when riding on wet wood.   Grin

Piranha...that was a sweet slide/crash you had going on there.  Gotta love leaves mixed with high speed turns. 
PIRANHA
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 08:45:14 PM »

I was pretty proud of it I must say!  I'm actually not sure what happened- I normally fly through those turns without any problems. It's fun to eat dirt once in a while!

Gary Fisher Piranha w/ XT crankset, XT rear, WTB MotoRaptor 2.14 race's, carbon seatpost, Marzocchi MX PRO ETA/TAS
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »

That's a mighty fast Avg. there Chiselchest, impressive!

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 06:37:48 AM »

Idster rides out ther all of the time And I have not been riding much since my girl was born so I was just trying to hang on so I dont ride by myself. Needless to say it hurt the whole time! Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: