Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Anyone riding Thursday or Friday evening at Alafia?  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
Anyone riding Thursday or Friday evening at Alafia?
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »
As the title asks.  I am looking for an evening ride, not a night thing (no light).  Prefer Alafia. "B"level pace.  Pretty much any trail, although I walk some of Moonscape and Gatorback.  Anyone.
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Anthem1

Re: Anyone riding Thursday or Friday evening at Alafia?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:56:33 PM »
Hey Coach, me, Mksandoz, Gregg and a couple others are riding Alafia Thursday hope to roll out around 4:30 till the park closes. You are more then welcome to join us :)

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »
Is the Bionic Bunny back in town? 8)
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Anthem1

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »
I don't think he gets back until tommorow Ken, you want to join the welcome back Bunny party with a victory lap thru Rabbit Ears? ;D

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:25:01 PM »
I would love to but I'm stuck in Clearwater tomorow and will have to settle for a road ride! Going to try to get it a 65 mile ride tomorrow if all works out.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:28:31 PM »
As the title asks.  I am looking for an evening ride, not a night thing (no light).  Prefer Alafia. "B"level pace.  Pretty much any trail, although I walk some of Moonscape and Gatorback.  Anyone.
Coach, there is an unofficial group riding regularly at Alafia at 6pm every Friday now.  Forrest usually gets them together.  I get out there a bit early on my SS but went up to 32x20 at Alafia.  Could probably do 32x19 but don't have a 19T yet.  If you there Friday evening let us know.

Offline Jason & Nancy Daniels

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I like to bike!
    • Metraworks Web Design
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 06:07:04 AM »
Anthem - it looks like I'm in for this evening. Is anyone interested in carpooling from Tampa?
Jason Daniels
Salsa El Santo... spicy!

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 07:34:59 AM »
I am going to try to make both, but "she who must be obeyed" might not be back in time for a 4:30 today.  Sandpine I started at a 34 X 16, then X 18, and now at 20T.  I am looking to upgrade my cranks and will probably go to a 32T up front.  I have a tough time with a lot of the climbs at Alafia with my current set up.  Do you feel like your spinning out too much with the 32 X 20?  What is the pace like Friday?  (Distance?)  I still don't have a lot of endurance, don't want to hold people up, but tired of riding alone.
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »
I am going to try to make both, but "she who must be obeyed" might not be back in time for a 4:30 today.  Sandpine I started at a 34 X 16, then X 18, and now at 20T.  I am looking to upgrade my cranks and will probably go to a 32T up front.  I have a tough time with a lot of the climbs at Alafia with my current set up.  Do you feel like your spinning out too much with the 32 X 20?  What is the pace like Friday?  (Distance?)  I still don't have a lot of endurance, don't want to hold people up, but tired of riding alone.
A 34x20 may be close to a 32x18.  I couldn't do that at Alafia.  Not yet.  The 32x20 was perfect.  There are no long flat streight aways there that you need to go over 14mph.  That is all I could sustain at WTA with 32x18.  I upgraded to 32x16 at WTA last Tuesday and I was crusing at 13-14 easily.  Even pumped 18-19 when I needed to without overspinning.  But Panther and Hartbreak were hard on the legs with 32x16.  So I will probably settle on 32x17 for all parks from now on.  Maybe the 19T at Alafia.

If you ride with Forrest at Alafia, he rides an aggressive pace (10-12mph) average.  I ride with them until they hit Gatorback, and Moonscape.  Then I go do my own thing or just start early.  I usually end up with 8-10mph at Alafia and warm up on easier stuff like SandPine. :-)  I admit it.  I am a Sissy!  LMAO... Noble, where do I sign up for the Syssy Anonnymous klan?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:02:55 AM by SandPine »

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 08:47:58 PM »
Hey Coach, me, Mksandoz, Gregg and a couple others are riding Alafia Thursday hope to roll out around 4:30 till the park closes. You are more then welcome to join us :)

He's back and bouncey! It was a fun ride tonight guys!!!!

Anthem1

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 09:30:47 PM »
Yes it was :) After you guy's split me and Mike hit Bridges and Rollercoaster once more for good measure. Rolled outta there at 8:00P.M. Now that's a good day's riding  ;D

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »
Welcome back Bunny!

Advertisement: