Author Topic: Upcoming Boyette workday, Saturday, April 12th  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Upcoming Boyette workday, Saturday, April 12th
« on: April 03, 2008, 09:24:22 AM »
Hi folks,
We're looking for some dedicated volunteers for Next weeks Boyette workday on Saturday, Apriil 12th.

With the welcoming of Spring time weather we will need to get some of the overgrowth controlled before it becomes too much of a chore, AND we have work to do on some of the newly opened trails.

We have about 15 miles or so of single track with a lot of vegitation that often times needs trimming.  Another 5 miles or so of single track under and around trees that needs vines and line of sight trimmed back. 

We also have some of the more technical sections that need some erosion and user abuse repairs done - along with making the new SWAMP THING trail have a safer and more sustainable portion near WOODS TRAIL.  Not to mention starting to clear a path of the newest RIDGELINE TRAIL that will prove to be an amazing section of trail.

As you can see we could use a good sized work crew on that day, so if you can set aside 3 or 4 hours of your time that day to help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Please RSVP so the workday can be planned and enough lunch and beverage can be on hand for afterwards.

Thanks in advance!

Garry

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: Upcoming Boyette workday, Saturday, April 12th
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 08:03:20 AM »
Garry-Depending on my day at work on Friday. I'm going to try and make it. What time to you begin? I have to be back in Sarasota by 1:15 so I can't stick around for lunch.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.