SWAMP Community Forums
June 22, 2008, 06:50:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Boyette Scrub Trail Map available to SWAMP Mountain Bike Club members.  Check the Trail Maps section.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spider Frames  (Read 324 times)
c-dalerider
Amatuer Billy Goat

wishing I could ride more!

« on: April 17, 2008, 08:22:58 AM »

Has anyone heard/had/dealt with Intense Spider MTBs?

there is one on ebay with only a couple of days left for a really good price (although I doubt it stays low for very long)

Anyway, would it be worth bidding on or looking into?

Thanks,

Ross
BillT
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »

I have an Intense Uzzi VPX that I absolutely love.  It is my favorite bike I've ever owned next to my old Ellsworth Truth I bought back in the late 90's.  Intense's are hand-made in Temecula, CA and have an incredible attention to detail.  The Spider is the their XC bike which is very similar to a Santa Cruz Blur (which I also own - great, great XC bike).

If you really like the Spider, JensonUSA has a smoking deal on new complete ones:  http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FR302B01-Intense+Cycles+Spider+Xvp+Frame+08.aspx

c-dalerider
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 09:37:17 AM »

BillT - thanks for the info...I think I will definitely keep my eye on the auction then!   Grin

I am a poor man in a not so poor man's sport so to drop that many bones is pretty much out of the question (referring to the the Jensen site - even though I am sure it is a smoking deal!)

But thanks again - I appreciate it.

Ross
BillT
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 01:04:02 PM »

It is a good deal of money, but the frames retail for around $1900 new (and are very difficult to get deals on) so an addition $700 - $800 for a nice buildkit makes it a pretty good deal.
c-dalerider
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 01:21:08 PM »

No doubt, I am sure.  From what I seen/read on the Jensen site, they look like a very sweet ride!  I guess I'll just have to keep playing that lottery!
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 01:36:33 PM »

IIf you really like the Spider, JensonUSA has a smoking deal on new complete ones:  http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FR302B01-Intense+Cycles+Spider+Xvp+Frame+08.aspx
i saw that...What is the difference between regular spider and spider FRO?  It was $300 for the FRO.

BillT
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 01:41:50 PM »

The FRO has lighter tubes and more machining resulting in about .5lbs less weight as well as a slightly steep head and seat tube angles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: