SWAMP Community Forums
April 23, 2008, 12:04:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: North Creek Trail at Alafia River State Park is a fun and popular trail.
Ride this intermediate trail and then post your review here!

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surprise Century  (Read 384 times)
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« on: April 17, 2008, 07:24:48 PM »

Just got back a little while ago from a ride. Started out as  a planned 40-50 mile ride that turned out to be a little longer. Felt really good at the 40 mile mark and just kept going! Three counties and nine cities later I'm home, go figure. Huh Anybody else have these urges?

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Coach
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:32:41 PM »

No.  Grin
firebiker
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 10:21:24 PM »

Kinda like Forrest Gump.  Wink
Gregg
Ride Guide
Yellow Jersey

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:59:23 PM »

That is good! Run Ken Run!!!!

Just hangin' out in the dirt.
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ss29erposer whoneedsknees nostandingup

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 11:04:04 PM »

That is good! Run Ken Run!!!!
No I think its more "I'm just gonna walk errr ride the earth"
So you chose to be a bum, Jules.

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do"-----------Anonymous

http://treadlight-mtb.blogspot.com/
http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 07:48:40 AM »

I'm more like "Stupid is as Stupid Does" or maybe "Life is Like a Box of Chocolates, You Never know What You're Going to Get" Cheesy Roll Eyes

chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 08:40:22 AM »

Ells and I were wondering, with All of the miles some of you boys throw down. How are your houses and yards looking? Grin All I know is now I am trying to catch up with the house from all of the riding last year! Shocked I think an apartment is the answer for someone who always wants to progress in cycling.
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 09:01:10 AM »

Funny you ask. My oldest son, Kenny-15, Mows severalyards in the neighborhood and uses my equipment therefore as a rental charge he does my yard every 5-7 days depending on the time of year. I did get my butt ripped for not taking proper care of my garden.  Smiley I have a 800-1000 plant tropical garden in the back yard and around the pool and a large hot pepper garden also. House lets see, I've been getting nudges about painting the house inside and out and doing more laundry! Shocked I told her I have alot of bike clothes to wash first though. We know how that went. Roll Eyes

chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 09:12:39 AM »

It is a tough juggling act between fitness and the care of the house and fam. Ells has 7 acres he keeps mowed! Grin That is why he is taking a break.
FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 09:13:40 AM »

Ells and I were wondering, with All of the miles some of you boys throw down. How are your houses and yards looking? Grin All I know is now I am trying to catch up with the house from all of the riding last year! Shocked I think an apartment is the answer for someone who always wants to progress in cycling.

the people that my apartment complex hire to mow do it around my cycling schedule

SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 09:16:25 AM »

Ells and I were wondering, with All of the miles some of you boys throw down. How are your houses and yards looking? ...
LOL...  My pool is green as grass, my grass is full of weeds, the weeds are taller then my bushes on the flower plants.  My kids playing area looks more like an ignore ghetto playground.  All wood has rotten away.  They grown up a bit and don't use it as much.  But maybe is the weeds growing around it and they are scare of snakes.  I have killed two snakes in my pool and thrown out several frogs and lizzards out of there.  My white vynal fence is no longer white.  My cars' oil have not been changed in over six months.  I have a stack of mail and magazines as tall as muy desk.  I can't even tell what color of wood is my desk anymore.  I keep buying biking clothes so I can wear clean stuff and avoid saddle sores.  I can bearly walk through my garage now with all the junk that has piled up.  My truck has kids food leftover for months now.  I have not walked into church in a while.  If I didn't have someone I am paying to cut my yard, it would be nothing but weeds.

Oh but my bikes are somewhat clean, I am getting in good shape, and I am LOVIN IT!   Grin

Ken,
Congrats on your century.  I hope you didn't have flats 50 miles out.!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:18:56 AM by SandPine » Logged

Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 09:42:15 AM »

Wow! That's alot of grass to mow there Chiselchest but don't give up the acreage!

Sandpine that was funny! I've been there too. I just try to do a little more at a time than let it all pile up. No flats yesterday, Woo Hoo! Found a small shard of glass that was causing the flats.

With all that said I'm fortunate with being the stay at home Dad. The oldest kid in high school gets up at 5:20 and off to school by himself and I get the litttle one up at 7:00,fed and one of the other too middle schoolers takes her to the bus stop at 7:55. Then those two leave about 45 minutes later. I could actually leave after the before the little one is off but like to make sure the bus isn't late, etc. That leaves time to get in 40-50 miles and be back in time on the days that Kenny works at Publix to take him. On the days he doesn't work, I can take longer rides because Kenny picks up Brandy from the bus stop, but if it's Tuesday or Friday I have to be back in time for our baseball games with the occasional Softball game conflict with the two girls. Whew!, it sounds worse than it is. That's how I get my miles in.

Jersh
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 10:07:54 AM »

I'm just curious Ken, when the kids were little, did you have to wear one of these?

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Josh O'Donnell Photography
http://www.joshodonnell.com
chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 10:08:55 AM »

Yeah that souds pretty rough there Ken! Grin Sounds like a sweet gig!
chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 10:10:37 AM »

That is great!lol  I love those movies! Oh come on focker!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: