SWAMP Community Forums
June 22, 2008, 06:55:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Alafia Fat Tire Festival (Nov 14-16, 2008) Registration is now open.  Information here.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner Riders Revolt!!!!  (Read 501 times)
jmdeluca05
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« on: April 24, 2008, 12:42:47 PM »

There is a conspiracy going on led by the Expert riders of the SWAMP club to get rid of all beginner trails at Alafia!  Yeap.....They have burned my favorite trail Sand Pine to the ground in order to make room for more trails like there Moonback, and Gatorscape.  I was forced today to ride my bike on that Rock Garden.....Big Mistake!  Oh well, I have been looking for an excuse to buy a new bike. 

Seriously, If you plan on going to Alafia the smokes pretty much gone....guess this is a non issue if you are a smoker. 
Ken
Swampster
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

Ride On!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »

Think of it as involuntary rider ability upgrades, free of charge! Wink Cheesy

If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!
Reese
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:24:21 PM »

There is a conspiracy going on led by the Expert riders of the SWAMP club to get rid of all beginner trails at Alafia!  Yeap.....They have burned my favorite trail Sand Pine to the ground in order to make room for more trails like there Moonback, and Gatorscape.  I was forced today to ride my bike on that Rock Garden.....Big Mistake!  Oh well, I have been looking for an excuse to buy a new bike. 

Seriously, If you plan on going to Alafia the smokes pretty much gone....guess this is a non issue if you are a smoker. 

LOL Funny stuff
jmdeluca05
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 01:42:25 PM »

Thanks...Ken  love free upgrades.  By the way I thought I saw a helmet hanging up in a tree on Moonscape coming down doom.  Anyone got an answer?  I have never seen it there before.   Just another newbie question.... 
Coach
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »

As long as there wasn't a HEAD still in it, I think it's OK.

"No good deed goes unpunished" -Coach
RyanFDLE
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 10:44:01 PM »

what happend to sandpine? did they get rid of it?
jmdeluca05
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 07:34:17 AM »

Actually just a controled burn.  No biggie.
Im still trying to locate the head that was in the helmet though on Moonscape.  So far looks like Moonscape has claimed a GPS and somebodys head  All in a weeks time.....
LTS guy
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

I named my bike sinister, because it is. ;/

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 08:27:14 AM »

Actually just a controled burn.  No biggie.
Im still trying to locate the head that was in the helmet though on Moonscape.  So far looks like Moonscape has claimed a GPS and somebodys head  All in a weeks time.....

oh Moonscape has claim to far more than just a head and a GPS..it once, took my pride.
The very first time, I went to Alafia (my THIRD time riding.) I was riding moonscape and getting it handed to me pretty bad..I had crashed atleast 4 times, I stalled and had to walk up hills dozens of times..I was pretty over it actually, and then me and my compadres stopped at a spot and there was a small landing area, and beside that a small three foot hill that dropped off 15 feet on the other side..my friends took up the small landing area, and not knowing any better I rolled up the three foot hill to straddle it, and my bike rolled nice and cleanly right down the 15 footer, I grabbed a tree to stop myself, and my bike kept going, as it went, it found it necessary to grab the back of my shorts with the seat horn and take them down the hill with my bike..so now, I'm clinging to a tree at the top of a hill, my shorts are around my ankles, my bike is at the bottom of a leaf covered 15 foot hill, and I couldn't get enough footing to either pull my shorts up, or even begin to navigate down the slippery slope to my bike..once I accomplished all that, then I had to get back up the embankment with my bike, which was twice as hard as getting down...lol
I anticipated moonscape spanking me, but did it have to remove my shorts to do it?
I was so beaten, I left Alafia, as soon as I got back out of that pit..went to my car, loaded my bike and left uttering a few choice words, vowing to never go back to that god forsaken place.

Now it's one of my favorites....go figure.  Grin

Run-4-3v3r
Birdman Flight club
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 09:27:58 AM »

Thanks LTS,  your post beats reading the Trib Funnies today.   Grin Grin Grin

LTS guy
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 09:33:19 AM »

lol, thanks SandPine..I'm glad my misery serves as a good laugh...Cheesy

Karl Smart was there..does he still ride with SWAMP anymore?

Run-4-3v3r
Birdman Flight club
jmdeluca05
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 11:04:06 AM »

LTS.....Ohhh I wish I could have seen that one.......better than the comics.   Im still wondering who left the helmet.  Did someone just decide to man up and ride with out one.......LOL....or just another casualty? 
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 10:33:11 PM »

Karl Smart was there..does he still ride with SWAMP anymore?
I have only seen him once since he trained us last summer for the Bike Patrol class.  He mentioned something about having small kids so his riding was less and less.

LTS guy
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »

it's a shame, for about a year or so, he used to kick my rear end almost every weekend..well, he'll get the itch again, eventually..probably after his kiddos get old enough to join him..but atleast then I'll get to return the favor, and smoke him for a year..Smiley

Run-4-3v3r
Birdman Flight club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: