SWAMP Community Forums
May 03, 2008, 06:16:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Try our live Chat function.  Click the Chat menu button and wait for other users to enter the room.  Log in to the Forum to see the Chat button.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!! LOST ITEM @ Alifia-Reward  (Read 442 times)
jtfit
YetiRider
SWAMPer
First Bike

« on: April 20, 2008, 11:04:51 PM »

Dear SWAMPers,

Please Please Please HELP!

I'm hoping that the Forum can help me locate a lost item!

Today, while riding at Alifia, I took a spill on the "High Road" drop on Moonscape (at about 12:00 noon) and lost my Garmin Forerunner 305 wrist GPS as I was tumbling down the hill! I didn't notice that I had lost it until I was back at the campsite. I went back to look for it but someone had already picked it up. I heard that someone was asking about it in the Trailhead parking lot, but I was on North Creek heading back to the campsite at the time. All of the data that was on it is extremely important to me! Help!

It is red-faced, black wrist-strap Garmin Forerunner 305. Although I'm a broke science teacher, I'm willing to provide a "token" reward to the person who finds/returns it. (I don't know of any honest person that wouldn't enjoy a case of their favorite beer or a nice bottle of wine!!) I'm actually more upset about the lost data, (and I also think that I broke my right foot in the process of tumbling down the hill; I go in for X-Rays tomorrow! More importantly, I know this is what every MTB rider is concerned with....... my Bike is OK!!), than I am about the unit itself, although I don't even think I can afford to replace it anytime soon!

Anyway, if anyone found it, hears about it, etc. PLEASE call me 561-573-7195 or email me jtfit@aol.com with any information that you may have! Thanks so much in advance!

Sincerely,

JT
(Jonathan Todd)

JT
Garry
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 07:51:37 AM »

Call the ranger station at the park too.  Maybe someone turned it in after you left.
LTS guy
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

I named my bike sinister, because it is. ;/

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 10:18:02 AM »

that sucks man, despite our rough "gangster" resputation, us mountain bikers do have hearts..I hope the bike didn't get too scratched..oh and you're foot is ok..that too...J/k
seriously tho, I just broke my hand, and have to go to an orthopedist tomorrow myself, so I can empathize.
good luck finding your GPS..more than likely if a SWAMPer finds it, you'll be reunited with it.. Cheesy

Run-4-3v3r
Birdman Flight club
jtfit
YetiRider
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:03:41 AM »

Garry & LTS Guy,

Thanks for even reading the post!  I'm going to try and post it in a few other areas and hopefully I'll get a better response! I already left my info at the ranger station and will call later on today. If you hear anything, please let me know!

Thanks again,

JT

JT
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ss29er26er

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »

Garry & LTS Guy,

Thanks for even reading the post!  I'm going to try and post it in a few other areas and hopefully I'll get a better response! I already left my info at the ranger station and will call later on today. If you hear anything, please let me know!

Thanks again,

JT
JT,

Post this here http://www.ridgeriders.net/ and http://www.mtbflorida.net/phpbb2/index.php.

MoriSSon

He who
-has his weight forward is not steady
-sprints cannot maintain the pace
-makes a show is not enlightened
-is self-righteous is not respected
-boasts achieves nothing
-brags will not endure

"These are extra gears and unnecessary weight,"They do not bring happiness. - singlespeeder
Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 04:29:48 PM »

you should also send it to the yahoo email group for those that dont read these forums...

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
RyanFDLE
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 10:48:02 PM »

I had a guy ask my friend and I if we lost a computer on the trails(don't know which) but he was in a silver truck if that helps.

c-dalerider
Huffy Rider

wishing I could ride more!

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 07:31:38 AM »

Any word yet JT?

That stinks man!  Hope you get it back.
jmdeluca05
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 07:50:29 AM »

I did look for it yesterday....probably a waste of time, but never hurts....Silver truck.....hmmm. 
jtfit
YetiRider
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 01:31:49 PM »

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delay! Thanks for all the support! I'm going to try some of your advise about posting on Ridgeriders and the yahoo thing. How do I get the mail group information for yahoo? Does anyone know which are the local groups? Additionally, If anyone sees silver truck guy, please inquire!! Thanks again, MTBer's are awesome! Thanks again!

JT

JT
jtfit
YetiRider
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »

"advice", that is.

Specific thanks to darrinw2001, jmdeluca05, C-Dalerider, RyanFDLE! I really appreciate the help! As per your "advice" I registered on the Florida MTBers and Ridge Riders Forums and as soon as my account is activated, I'll get the message posted there as well! I just need to know which yahoo group(s) to join and post it on! Let me know if you know! Thanks again!

JT

JT
Darrinw2001
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 03:08:28 PM »

"advice", that is.

Specific thanks to darrinw2001, jmdeluca05, C-Dalerider, RyanFDLE! I really appreciate the help! As per your "advice" I registered on the Florida MTBers and Ridge Riders Forums and as soon as my account is activated, I'll get the message posted there as well! I just need to know which yahoo group(s) to join and post it on! Let me know if you know! Thanks again!

JT

It is in your newletter. Swampclub-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

If your not bleeding, your not having fun!
BeerCan
Global Moderator
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 06:15:22 PM »

http://www.swampclub.org/smf/index.php/topic,239.0.html

Join the SWAMPClub Yahoo! e-mail group.

This e-mail distribution list is the official "newsblast" communication arm of the SWAMP Club.

If you decide to join this e-group there are two easy options (Follow one of the options below):

1. SEND a message to join
   This option gives you the ability to send and receive list e-mails, the major reason for joining this group.
   Please include your full name and when you last paid membership in the body of the e-mail message.

2. Visit the site and Click the "Join this group!" button and sign in with your Yahoo! ID.
   The site is best used if you have a Yahoo! ID, giving you access to all additional features like Message History, Calendar, File Folders (with Trail Maps), Links, Photos, etc.

Option #1 is the easiest unless you already have a Yahoo! ID.

Once you have joined the list:
Group e-mail messages will have SWAMP Club in the subject line. These messages can be filtered to separate folders if you wish.

To send messages to the group, after joining and being approved, simply send an e-mail to   SWAMPClub (at) yahoogroups.com  (with at symbol and without the spaces)

Please include your name in the notice when you join the group.

Thank You for taking an interest in some of the finest biking and hiking trails in the Tampa bay Area,

SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 10:58:18 AM by Forum Manager » Logged

Pain is Temporary, Quitting is Forever
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: