Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Burning Biker  (Read 2410 times)

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
Burning Biker
« on: April 25, 2008, 08:15:53 AM »
Not something I'd like to see on the trail, but cool none-the-less 8)

We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
Re: Burning Biker
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 08:33:19 AM »
Going to burning man is one of my life long dreams..I will get there and soon..the biker in question is doing a art display on a bike..its a thing they do, they decorate cars and bikes, and you get to ride them around and show them off, the more crazy your display the better..they judge it on the final night.
using fire is rather impressive, but short lived, I hope he rode quickly to the judging area...lol.
I was set to go this year, but the construction market crash has pretty much wiped that out..and I was thinking of taking my bike, but they hold this event in the Nevada salt flats, and being that you're on a huge salt basin, I was thinking the corrosion the salt would cause would be murder..so instead, I'll buy a cheap Walmart beach cruiser when I get there, ride the heck out of it, maybe set myself on fire riding it ;D, who knows, and donate it to the first kid I see as I leave town.
When you ride so far out that you hear no traffic, no people...nothing..

zen.

Offline richardo

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »
Looks like someone rode through Sandpine when it was closed  :o

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 08:59:16 AM »
Going to burning man is one of my life long dreams..I will get there and soon..the biker in question is doing a art display on a bike..its a thing they do, they decorate cars and bikes, and you get to ride them around and show them off, the more crazy your display the better..they judge it on the final night.
using fire is rather impressive, but short lived, I hope he rode quickly to the judging area...lol.
I was set to go this year, but the construction market crash has pretty much wiped that out..and I was thinking of taking my bike, but they hold this event in the Nevada salt flats, and being that you're on a huge salt basin, I was thinking the corrosion the salt would cause would be murder..so instead, I'll buy a cheap Walmart beach cruiser when I get there, ride the heck out of it, maybe set myself on fire riding it ;D, who knows, and donate it to the first kid I see as I leave town.

I want to do burning man and love parade (the one in germany)

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »
never heard of Love parade.but if it's in the same spirit as Burning man, count me in. :D
If Nevada wasn't so far away, and if RV's wasn't so darned expensive to rent, I'd still be going this year anyway..I'd stay in a tent, if I knew someone with a big enough one to be comfortable...still, my wife just cant justify me spending almost $3000 on a trip to Nevada for a week, so I can commune with nature, with some assistance..lol..

I'd bet we could get a group together for this, and help drop the costs considerably..anyone game?

zen.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 09:24:25 AM »
never heard of Love parade.but if it's in the same spirit as Burning man, count me in. :D
If Nevada wasn't so far away, and if RV's wasn't so darned expensive to rent, I'd still be going this year anyway..I'd stay in a tent, if I knew someone with a big enough one to be comfortable...still, my wife just cant justify me spending almost $3000 on a trip to Nevada for a week, so I can commune with nature, with some assistance..lol..

I'd bet we could get a group together for this, and help drop the costs considerably..anyone game?

I DJ at a lot of these fests btw - I am doing one in mid aug in southern illinois in this big cave - it will be my third year in a row at that one...fun fun

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »

I DJ at a lot of these fests btw - I am doing one in mid aug in southern illinois in this big cave - it will be my third year in a row at that one...fun fun

Nice..what do you spin?
I'm envious..I've always wanted to go, and you get paid to go...lol

zen.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 09:31:22 AM »

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
I'm sold.

solid stuff bro..
I'm going to add you, by the way..I've been a strong supporter of getting the scene back together here in Florida for a long time now.
seriously..good stuff :D

zen.

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 11:50:52 AM »
Would that be Mt.Vernon or Cae in Rock in So. Ill. Factor? I was born in Marion, Ill. about 18 miles east of Carbondale.
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »
Would that be Mt.Vernon or Cae in Rock in So. Ill. Factor? I was born in Marion, Ill. about 18 miles east of Carbondale.

I was born in Benton - it is actually between murphy and alto pass

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 11:59:43 AM »
I meant to spell Cave in Rock.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 12:11:38 PM »
I meant to spell Cave in Rock.

i used to go repelling at cave in rock - i went to school at SIU - there was a Saluki that road with us a couple weeks ago

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »
My Dad graduated from SIU. Great party town! I used to go there when I visited family in Marion with some cousins. A place called Peppermint Twist I beleive. It was downstairs off the road somewhere.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 12:20:05 PM »
that is gone now - that was on S Illinois ave - "the strip"

Advertisement: