Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: I love MTB'ing!  (Read 2396 times)

Offline c-dalerider

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • wishing I could ride more!
I love MTB'ing!
« on: May 02, 2008, 04:04:04 PM »
Just got back from me and Xavier's longest ride to date.  from the hole to gator bait to misery to Indian to washboard to heartbreak to the river overlook back down main and back home to the hole. Little man was exhausted!   ;D

I think that covered it!  He did great.  We didn't break any speed records, but he handled it well.  He crashed over some stumps right before the first bridge on heartbreak but other than that - for a 9 yr old, thought he did great!

Mosquitoes were HORRIBLE back there so we tried to keep moving as fast as we could.  Will definitely be purchasing some 'off' before our next trip down.

All the trails were in pretty decent shape.  I can't wait to get down to a work day to help out and give back.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: I love MTB'ing!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »
That is great C-Dale!!! I too was out there with my son, We got to the hole in the fence at about 3:50. and rolled out at about 4. He is twelve and has been riding for a couple of years, we did right at 19 miles and he kept an average of 10.1 mph. It was probably his fastest ride yet.  I guess we just missed you. 

You are right, the mosquitos are unbeleivable........pee quickly, if you must!!! ;D

Offline Reese

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 01:12:33 PM »
Thats awesome man, I cant wait to ride with my kids someday.

Offline c-dalerider

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • wishing I could ride more!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:43:11 PM »
That is great C-Dale!!! I too was out there with my son, We got to the hole in the fence at about 3:50. and rolled out at about 4. He is twelve and has been riding for a couple of years, we did right at 19 miles and he kept an average of 10.1 mph. It was probably his fastest ride yet.  I guess we just missed you. 

You are right, the mosquitos are unbeleivable........pee quickly, if you must!!! ;D

Gregg - yeah, it sounds like we missed you by a couple of minutes.  We will be out there tomorrow probably around 3.30 or so...depends on how long it takes me to get out of his school's parking lot!  Don't know if we will go as long as we did Friday, but I bet he will want to hit Indian again...and yes, had the wife pick up some bug spray!

Thats awesome man, I cant wait to ride with my kids someday.

Reese - it truly has been a blast riding with him. He loves to play football and we do a lot around that sport, but it is great to have something to do in the off season...what he doesn't know is that he is getting great conditioning as well as having fun.  But, anyway, it has been some great bonding time out on the trail together. You won't want to miss it.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 05:55:20 PM »
Spencer (6) and I try to ride at least once a week together. We rode hole in the fence today (misery, gator bait, indian, palmetto, grandpa) and boyette saturday. his skills and my own are getting better every week! The really fun part is watching him ride trails he thought he could not ride.

Advertisement: