Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Tsali 6 & 12 Hrs - May 17th  (Read 4792 times)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Tsali 6 & 12 Hrs - May 17th
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:34:21 PM »
Anyone out there doing the Tsali race?  (http://goneriding.com/2008/12%20of%20Tsali/Schedules%20&%20Info.pdf)  I am looking for carpool.  However, I have to leave 7am on Thursday as I have an appointment in Atlanta at 2pm.  I will be staying in Atlanta area until Friday morning.  I have spot reserve at a close by campground which includes home made breakfeast and dinner on Saturday day of race.  I am returning Sunday (18th) and I may do a stop at Conyers to watch the end of the Solo 24hrs.

Hit me up if you are interested on carpooling or even sharing the camp site.  Bring your own tent of course.   ;)

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
Re: Tsali 6 & 12 Hrs - May 17th
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:21:53 AM »
Anyone out there doing the Tsali race?  (http://goneriding.com/2008/12%20of%20Tsali/Schedules%20&%20Info.pdf)  I am looking for carpool.  However, I have to leave 7am on Thursday as I have an appointment in Atlanta at 2pm.  I will be staying in Atlanta area until Friday morning.  I have spot reserve at a close by campground which includes home made breakfeast and dinner on Saturday day of race.  I am returning Sunday (18th) and I may do a stop at Conyers to watch the end of the Solo 24hrs.

Hit me up if you are interested on carpooling or even sharing the camp site.  Bring your own tent of course.   ;)

Cricket....

Looks like you have to saddle up the cost of gas, dude. ;D ;D ;D
Good Luck.

MoriSSon

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »
Yea not many want to ride with "a stiff who lacks basic social skills"  ...  ;D   :-*  :-*  :-* LMAO.....   I had some inquiries on this from non-swamp racers going to it.  But my arrangement with an Atlanta bike shop on Thursday put me in a disandvantage.

But hay, is a personal goal of mine to go do this race.  I have decided not to attempt the 12hrs since it looks like it is going to start raining on Tsali starting tomorrow and not to ease up until late Friday.  So it is going to be a muddy course.  Too hard for more then 6hrs of riding for me.  We'll see when I get there.  Full report laterz...  Cya..

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 09:40:50 AM »
I have decided not to attempt the 12hrs since it looks like it is going to start raining on Tsali starting tomorrow and not to ease up until late Friday.  So it is going to be a muddy course. 

Things I witnessed and experience during a muddy clay race:
 -broken derailleur hanger
 -v-brakes is a pain
 -carry two tubes each lap
 -carry extra chain link
 -extra pair of shoes and gloves
 -zip ties
 -extra bike

MoriSSon

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
I am back home safely after a wild race.  Never did I dream I would finish a 12 hrs solo race AND give a pro (maybe export or sport, I am not sure)  rider, Brian Archer, a run for his money.  I tied him in laps for 3rd place but not time.  We were tied at 5 laps and I was only 20 minutes behind when I went out for my 8th and final lap. 

I just wanted to finish a 12 hour "ride" and I ended up racing for a 3rd place podium finish in the SS category.  Not sure yet but looks like a top 20 (out of 40 riders) 12 hour solo overall.

More here:  http://mrsandpine.blogspot.com/

Close to 90miles of riding, over 11 hours of saddle/walking time, over 12,000 feet of climbing.  I need a month's rest now.  See you all.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:18:48 AM by SandPine »

Offline c-dalerider

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • wishing I could ride more!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:28 AM »
SandPine - that is great!  Congrats on a great race and thanx for the report.  I look forward to seeing the video and the pix later once you get them posted.

My very first MTB goal is to do squiggy.  I am already nervous every time I think about it!   :D

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »
Great job Marcel!!!  I won't be doing any of these events until August and September.  8 Hours of Labor and the 12 Hours of Dauset.  Can't wait!!
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 12:19:55 PM »
I am back home safely after a wild race.  Never did I dream I would finish a 12 hrs solo race AND give a pro (maybe export or sport, I am not sure)  rider, Brian Archer, a run for his money.  I tied him in laps for 3rd place but not time.  We were tied at 5 laps and I was only 20 minutes behind when I went out for my 8th and final lap. 

I just wanted to finish a 12 hour "ride" and I ended up racing for a 3rd place podium finish in the SS category.  Not sure yet but looks like a top 20 (out of 40 riders) 12 hour solo overall.

More here:  http://mrsandpine.blogspot.com/

Close to 90miles of riding, over 11 hours of saddle/walking time, over 12,000 feet of climbing.  I need a month's rest now.  See you all.

Congrats!!!!!!

What did I say!!!! Single speed will make you stronger.....or you will quit mountain biking

MoriSSon

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »
Great job Marcel!!!  I won't be doing any of these events until August and September.  8 Hours of Labor and the 12 Hours of Dauset.  Can't wait!!
The 8 hours of Labor is now 12 hours, I am already cleared for this one and also the 12 hours of Dauset.

MoriSSon

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »
The 8 hours of Labor is now 12 hours, I am already cleared for this one and also the 12 hours of Dauset.

MoriSSon

This is very confusing....gonriding has it listed as the 12 Hours of San Felasco and the 8 Hours of Labor.  I wonder which one it is?? ???

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 12:54:48 PM »

MoriSSon

This is very confusing....gonriding has it listed as the 12 Hours of San Felasco and the 8 Hours of Labor.  I wonder which one it is?? ???

I think it is now 12 hours of Labor in San Felasco, I guess Goneriding has not updated the events yet ???

Jim-I don't know how your schedule will be to ride San Felasco on one of this weekends. 2nd and 3rd week of June will be okay for me.
Damn, gas will be $4 per gallon by then.

MoriSSon

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 01:01:02 PM »
We'll see if we can work that one out.  Get your wallets ready! ;D

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 01:02:51 PM »

I would like to go pre-ride before that race as well

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 01:05:06 PM »

You want my credit card number???

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 01:52:48 PM »
Pony up!! ;D

Advertisement: