SWAMP Community Forums
June 09, 2008, 07:18:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: North Creek Trail at Alafia River State Park is a fun and popular trail.
Ride this intermediate trail and then post your review here!

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike Shop Report  (Read 304 times)
jmdeluca05
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« on: May 06, 2008, 07:59:06 AM »

I purchased my bike at AJs a few months ago and just have to say they really provide the best service and support of our sport I have ever seen.  Recently, after having to take my bike in for a minor problem I was surprised to see the amount of customer service they offer.  What really surprised me the most was they offered me a loaner bike.   To me that was rare since I purchased an entry level bike from them.  It seems like they cared enough to ensure I did not miss any riding time.   While there I noticed how they promote SWAMP whether it is telling new Riders about the club, and it seems like they ask everyone if they are a member in order to ensure SWAMP members get their discount.  Im sure this is nothing new to anyone who has dealt with them, as they are always willing to donate and help our club, but I think everyone shopping for bikes parts should give AJs a shot.  Just based on the fact of what they do for our club, and how they really do take care of us...thats my 2 cents. 
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 08:23:40 AM »

No doubth...  have you had their coffe yet?  If not, just ask them for it.. they'll gladdly make it for you.  Specially Dave...  I was caught off gurd the first time they invited me to eat whatever they were having.  I think it was pizza that day.  I was there Saturday and they had begals and cream cheese.  Whatever they have there they invite the customers to eat.  No wonder so many just go by there to hang out.  I used to see these young teens on their bmx bikes go by there all the time.  They would just hang out and sometimes I would see them working on their own bikes in the back.  Oh, yea they sell bikes and gear too.

c-dalerider
Amatuer Billy Goat

wishing I could ride more!

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:02:41 AM »

do they have a website?
Marin Biker
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 09:27:38 AM »

ajsbikesandboards.com

I second, third, and fourth their customer service too.  if they believe they made a mistake they will go out of their way to make it right, they did for me.
c-dalerider
Amatuer Billy Goat

wishing I could ride more!

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »

Thanks Marin...

will have to try and get down there to check them out.

We have a new shop up here in LOL that I am checking out trying to help our local economy!  Wink
Coach
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:45:34 AM »

Don't kid yourself.  They're a bunch of punks!  Those guys are worthless, especially Dave, Darrin, and the worst is that Art guy. 

Disclaimer:  For anyone that doesn't know by now, I am joking.  I feel comfortable joking about them because they are so competent.  They will even work on beater SS 29ers, not purchased from them (although I think Dave sits on it naked when no one is around (Dave, you're a freak)).  Art, you don't look hot in baggies! Grin
I have purchased several bikes from other shops in the past (before AJ's) and never received the customer service like I do there.

"No good deed goes unpunished" -Coach
Tbalestrini
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 01:45:12 PM »

AJ's is good, I was in there the other day and discovered that an old friend of mine from way back works there. I usually go to Oliverscycles on BB downs for all my needs, I bought my bike from them and they have always been awesome, plus they are only 5 min down the road from me
ejruedi
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 07:55:48 PM »

I just picked up a new bike from AJ's and have I have to say I was very impressed with their service.  Im a relative newbie to the sport and Dave and the rest were very patient with me, answering all my questions even though I was there for close to two hours.  They made me feel very comfortable and seemed to treat me like a regular customer even though it was my first time there.  Offered me loaner bikes to test and was even offered one of their(sorry horrible with names) bikes to ride which blew me away. 

I will now go to them for all my needs/questions even though I do live a couple minutes from Olivers.  Thats not a knock on Olivers, I was just that impressed with AJ's.
Tbalestrini
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 08:32:17 PM »

I usually hit up AJ's if im on my way to alafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: