Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Moving on....  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Jersh

• Clipless Mountain Goat
    • Josh O'Donnell Photography
Moving on....
« on: May 06, 2008, 12:11:49 PM »
Well, I'm at a time in my life where I'm ready to take on a new adventure, and therefore I have accepted a job offer that is an incredible career opportunity for me, however it will require my fiance and I to relocate up to the Washington DC area.  I regret that I have not had the opportunity to meet more of you folks in person, however those of you that I have met, it's been a pleasure and I hope that in a few years we're able to return to Tampa so I can get my more fully involved with SWAMP once again.  I start my new job on May 19th, however I won't be relocating up to DC until around Labor Day.  In the meantime I will be traveling a lot and will not able to ride at all.  If anyone here is familiar with any nice trail systems that are reasonably close to the DC area, please let me know, I'll be looking for places to ride once we're finally relocated and all settled down this fall. 
Josh O'Donnell Photography
http://www.joshodonnell.com

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: Moving on....
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »
good luck with that

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:50:29 PM »
Well, I'm at a time in my life where I'm ready to take on a new adventure, and therefore I have accepted a job offer that is an incredible career opportunity for me, however it will require my fiance and I to relocate up to the Washington DC area.  I regret that I have not had the opportunity to meet more of you folks in person, however those of you that I have met, it's been a pleasure and I hope that in a few years we're able to return to Tampa so I can get my more fully involved with SWAMP once again.  I start my new job on May 19th, however I won't be relocating up to DC until around Labor Day.  In the meantime I will be traveling a lot and will not able to ride at all.  If anyone here is familiar with any nice trail systems that are reasonably close to the DC area, please let me know, I'll be looking for places to ride once we're finally relocated and all settled down this fall. 

Good Luck.
Being from Maryland take me with you.

You did not mention what part of DC are you guys moving to.
There are couple of trails which is only 30-40mi away from downtown DC. Patapsco Valley State Park and Schaeffer Farm in Germantown.
Don't forget to check these guys out http://www.more-mtb.org/index.php?, join the club and introduce yourself these guys are great and very helpful. They might convince you to change to a single speeder ;D ;D ;D

Maybe we can ride up together this year probably mid September planning on visiting the in-laws in Baltimore.

Take Care

MoriSSon

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 12:51:03 PM »
best of luck
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:10:59 PM »
Good luck Jersh...  Do keep riding and flickering that flash...

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 01:15:01 PM »
Congrats Josh!! Keep in touch and try to get back and see us, :)
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Jersh

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 01:28:52 PM »

MoriSSon

Thanks everyone... Morisson, we're still not sure which area we'll be living in.  I'm thinking right now we'll probably be in the Bethesda/Rockville area.  My territory is all of VA, MD, and DC, however 95% of my time will be spend in the DC metro area, so I will be living somewhere around there.  It will actually all probably depend on where my fiance finds a job.  We won't decide where exactly we'll be living until sometime in late July or August

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 01:29:32 PM »
Congrats Josh!! Keep in touch and try to get back and see us, :)
only winter vacation tho......no mountains here.

MoriSSon

Online BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 01:33:58 PM »
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »

MoriSSon

Thanks everyone... Morisson, we're still not sure which area we'll be living in.  I'm thinking right now we'll probably be in the Bethesda/Rockville area.  My territory is all of VA, MD, and DC, however 95% of my time will be spend in the DC metro area, so I will be living somewhere around there.  It will actually all probably depend on where my fiance finds a job.  We won't decide where exactly we'll be living until sometime in late July or August

Bethesda is inside the capital beltway (I-495) and Rockville is just north of the beltway both are nice old neighborhood but can be expensive the upside is Schaeffer Farm (part of Seneca Trail System) is only half an hour north from either town. But on the weekends you can drive 1.5 hour and ride the Elizabeth Furnace (George Washington National Forest, VA). Check out the MORE Forum.

I envy you.

MoriSSon

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 01:51:24 PM »
Congrats and wish you and your fiance best of luck.
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 01:55:09 PM »
Congrats Doctor Jersh!!

That is great news. I know you were trying to stay local, but that is a great place to be going. We will miss you!

Offline Jersh

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 03:37:21 PM »

Don't forget to check these guys out http://www.more-mtb.org/index.php?, join the club and introduce yourself these guys are great and very helpful. They might convince you to change to a single speeder ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Morisson, I signed up with MORE and they all seem like an incredible group of folks, much like the folks here with SWAMP.  I've already had several of them PM with me with offers for loaner bikes and to show me around on some of the trails.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 04:00:20 PM »

Thanks Morisson, I signed up with MORE and they all seem like an incredible group of folks, much like the folks here with SWAMP.  I've already had several of them PM with me with offers for loaner bikes and to show me around on some of the trails.

Glad you joined them --- MORE-ons ;D ;D ;D
Hope you guys get situated in right away and hit the dirt while the weather is good.
Keep us up to date.

MoriSSon
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:10:45 PM by treadlight »

Advertisement: