Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Two personal goals met !!  (Read 1492 times)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Two personal goals met !!
« on: May 08, 2008, 10:57:55 AM »
Many of you remember that I could never, for what ever reason, break the 11.7 mph average at flatwoods.  Last night I road out there for 1:45 and shattered it 12.8 ave - that was short term goal #1 (eventually want to be in the mid 13s consistantly)

goal number 2 which is a short term goal that is part of a long term goal...went from being Obese to overweight on the BMI chart.

next goal - slightly overweight

main goal - being too light to be able to compete as a clydesdale (current weight 221....22 more pounds to go)

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
Re: Two personal goals met !!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 11:01:31 AM »
Congratulations!  I know you have literally been working your @ss off.  As you get more miles in, I would love an update on your riding impressions of "El Diablo" (I know el santo).  Keep it up, I am sure you will accomplish those goals.
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:02:57 AM »
i am calling her El Diablo as well

Offline c-dalerider

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • wishing I could ride more!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:12:41 AM »
Great job Factor!

I am in the process of loosing a lot of weight as well.  I don't put much stock in the BMI though, the only to numbers it takes into consideration is height/weight.  What it doesn't take into account in muscle mass and weight.

I was talking to a trainer at Lifestyles about this the other day, he agreed the BMI can give a false sense about your body.

At any rate - keep up the good good work and keep us posted...it is good motivation for us trying to do the same thing!

;D

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »
BMI doesn't work for athletes actually

I am going back to the gym at the end of this month to get a pinch test to see what my body fat % is.  I was at 29% last month when I was 230 pounds...does that mean if I am at say 5% body fat that I would weigh 174.8 pounds..given no increase in muscle size?  I figured working out I could gain a good 10 pounds in muscle so I am thinking a good ideal weight for me is 185-190 (31 pounds to go)

Offline c-dalerider

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • wishing I could ride more!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 11:29:55 AM »
yeah I think you are figuring about right; makes sense.  also, the pinch test is much more accurate read.  what gym do you go to?

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 11:30:56 AM »
I have a snap fitness that i can walk to from home so i go there

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
The first time I ever maxed the APFT was also the first time the Army told me I failed their overweight tape test. I found it rather funny.

Congrats on meeting a couple of your goals Factore.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

moleminiman

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »
good job man.........After College drinking and late night denny's and hungry howies I was about 240lbs.  I have been riding with the club for about 4 years now and it was the best thing for networking with healthy ppl and having a healthy lifestyle.  I am now 175lbs and probably can't drop much less.  But I do believe in the BMI charts for the average person.  Shure if You are body builder you will have a little more.  Stick with your plan it's good to have goals. 

Advertisement: