Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Wilderness Park  (Read 1996 times)

Offline j0hnnyr493

• First Bike
Wilderness Park
« on: May 10, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »
hey yo... i'm moving to tampa next week and the closet trail to me is morris bridge.  since i've never ridden it, i thought i'd ask for some input from the folks that maintain it.  please let me know what you think and what i should watch out for.  thanks.  8)
j0hnnyr493

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: Wilderness Park
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:26:05 PM »
Hey - WTA is the easiest riding of the four trail systems that SWAMP maintains. The trails are flat with some roots (and lots of sand at this time of year, but that's the way it is everywhere around here when it doesn't rain for days.) If you like to ride fast flowing singletrack, you'll like WTA. If you want to put in lots of miles without too much repetition you'll like WTA. If you want lots of hills and technical moves, you'll want to go to Alafia or Boyette.

Two of the most technical trails at WTA are Heartbreak Ridge and Panther. They have some root systems that can be tough to negotiate the first time around. That said, even those trails aren't difficult compared to most of the blue trails at the other locations.

There are bathroom facilities and water stations at several points in the park. Take a map the first few times you go.

Advertisement: