Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Riding buddy can't keep up.  (Read 939 times)

Offline nolesworld

• First Bike
Riding buddy can't keep up.
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:56:34 PM »
I have a buddy of mine that I ride quite a bit with.  We seem to be opposite type of riders.  I seem to have more of a road biker mentality with cadence and he is more of BMX shot out of cannon and then rest.  At places like Alafia, Santos, etc this really isn't much of a problem because we both adapt our styles even though he is definitely the King at those places with his more advanced skill level.

The problem really comes when we ride the loop at Flatwoods/MB.  If I lead I basically break him by about halfway through the ride.  If he leads I'm pretty much bored throughout the ride.  I don't know if it's riding style, gear ratio, or what.  I seem to be more of a masher type rider that likes big gears and he has been more of a spinner (although, he has turned more to mashing to help keep up).  The big thing that breaks him is his quads.  He's absolutely on fire during these rides where i don't really feel that much unless I just leave him and push myself.  Our bikes are similar class (Spec Enduro for me.  Kona Dawg for him).  Anyway, just wondering if anyone had experienced this kind of issue before and can offer any assistance.  Or a training recommendation for him.  Thanks.

Advertisement: