Boyette had some rain during the last 24 hours so I thought it was time to ride the TRUTH. SST
is riding much much better. Where there used to be deep sugar sand it is still loose riding through there. I was the second rider
through so hopefully some of the loose stuff will berm up or get packed down. Trail rode fast except for the few areas.Loch Ness
- Upper Loch Ness - good condition.Randy's Trail
- loose sugar sand in few areasGolf Cart
- still holding moisture when I rode it. Otherwise perfect condition. North Abyss
- a little wet on turns ond roots. Rode carefully because of wetness.South Abyss
- not as many roots as North side, good pack, no problems anywhere.Pandemonium
- just a little bit slick, no problems really. The climb at the end was nice and packed.Sidewinder
-- pretty nice pack. The last 150 yards at the south end was wet with clay. Should be dry by Wenesday
if no other rain occurs. Carried some of that clay (packed in the tire grooves and knobs and sidewalls)all the way
back to the parking lot. Reminded me of why I don't like to ride after a rain. The extra weight was maxing the
old legs out. Spider Berm
- a little bit wet, nice pack.
Thats all that I took in. No epic ride or anything. 12.8 miles for a quick afternoon easy ride. Average speed just over 10 mph. No breaks or stops, no camelback,spare tubes, wrenches, gps's , mp3's, internet access cell phones, gel shots, sport legs, ass cremes... none of that crap.
Just me the bike and a little water. Consumed 1/2 of water bottle. I was there, I saw. Had a nice TRUTHful experience and lived to tell about it. Trails should be in primo shape for the rest of the week. Thats my trail review, the rain has worked its magic, now
Get out and ride.