Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: SeatPosts  (Read 1279 times)

Offline ECFoecking

• Amateur Billy Goat
SeatPosts
« on: May 30, 2008, 12:52:03 PM »
My wife has been trying to make some adjustments to her bike seat to get her more upright.  She also wants to have her hips closer to being over the crank hub as possible.  Doesn't sound comfortable to me but that is her preference.  Be that as it may, what we are looking for is a seatpost that has enough offset to the front for her to move her seat about 4" (or more) forward.  Some brief Googles have provided some options but the most of an offset I have found is like 50mm (just under 2" for us SAE inclined).  Does anyone know of any seatposts that may have a larger offset?  Of course, the next "obstacle" is for it to come in a 27.2 mm round base.  Her current seatpost has some spring to it but she is more likely going to want the offset to be what she needs than to have cushion in the post.  I am sure we can get the cushion back in a good seat if necessary.

Thanks,
Eric
Eric

Words can be your friends if you choose them wisely

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
Re: SeatPosts
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:30:09 PM »
4" is a lot to move a seat forward.  My best suggestion would be to look for a layback seatpost like this - http://www.bti-usa.com/public/category/SP/SPSR/TP/TP506?page=1#TP506 - and mounting it backwards to the post is tilting forward instead of backwards.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Advertisement: