Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: One Gear Wednesdays  (Read 1941 times)

Luis

One Gear Wednesdays
« on: June 03, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »

All are welcome...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:13:00 PM by Luis »

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Re: One Gear Wednesdays
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 02:12:38 PM »
Hungry howies after?

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »
Hungry howies after?

i just blew sprite out of my nose

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 06:45:22 PM »
Hungry howies after?

Nah...we need to eat that just before the ride.  One-hour into the recreational ride it becomes a cut-throat race back to the bathrooms. 

I'd definately be up for this but I can't make it out tomorrow.  Maybe next week? 

Luis

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:36:30 PM »
I'd definately be up for this but I can't make it out tomorrow.  Maybe next week? 

Trying to get a weekly ride going, I expect very little (read just me...) turnout tomorrow...

It will be on again next week! Hear that Sandpine, Morrison etc...  ;)

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »

Trying to get a weekly ride going, I expect very little (read just me...) turnout tomorrow...

It will be on again next week! Hear that Sandpine, Morrison etc...  ;)

Slim chance tomorrow, work is getting the way.
But its already in my calendar for weekly.

BTW, I read at mtbflorida (really old post) you passed the PE.  Was it in Florida,duh, but would like to verify? How was it?
I am planning to take it in the future (Mechanical) but don't have the drive to open the books.
I will probably take it back in Maryland.

Morisson
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:41:52 PM by treadlight »

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »
Oh man.. didn't see this until now.  Just did 34 out there.  I will have to flip flow weeks for this.  Since I don't think I can take two days in a row of Flatwoods.  So no can't do for tomorrow but definately next week.

Don't mind the BYOB but the skeeters would want our blood specially if it has traces of alcahol on it.  Gators my be a better alternative.  But I am down for the ride every other week.

Luis

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 06:08:30 AM »
BTW, I read at mtbflorida (really old post) you passed the PE.  Was it in Florida,duh, but would like to verify? How was it?
I am planning to take it in the future (Mechanical) but don't have the drive to open the books.
I will probably take it back in Maryland.
Morisson

I don't know how much help I can offer since I'm a Civil PE.  I will say this: I studied my ass off and walked out of the exam knowing that I had nailed it.  I suggest that you take it when you're ready to put some serious time into it... PM me if you need anything.

Now back to our scheduled bike talk...

So no takers today? Next week I'll announce it sooner...spread the word, bring your legs...

Luis

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 07:42:59 PM »
This ride has been rescheduled for tomorrow, Thurs. June 5th...

Same location and time.

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 11:24:32 AM »
I never saw this but I was actually out there with my wife.  I was on my SS though if it matters.

Serious question though, I'm a fat old guy that's fairly slow.  Will I be holding everybody back if I ride with you guys?  I'd love to get out there more, especially with other SS'ers, but I really don't want to be "that guy" holding up the pack.
07 Redline Monocog Flight 29'er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)
07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3 (The One That Started It All)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 11:25:46 AM »
I never saw this but I was actually out there with my wife.  I was on my SS though if it matters.

Serious question though, I'm a fat old guy that's fairly slow.  Will I be holding everybody back if I ride with you guys?  I'd love to get out there more, especially with other SS'ers, but I really don't want to be "that guy" holding up the pack.

I have learned to embrace being "that guy"  haha

Luis

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »

It will be on again next week and I'll post it earlier to give people a chance to make plans...

Regarding your question..."you guys" is whoever shows up... the intent is for a medium/fast (and this is subjective) ss ride, but the plan is to regroup at a few intersections.  As long as you know the trails you will be fine...hope to see you there!

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 12:41:04 PM »
OK.  I'll try it.  I at least know the trails enough that if I can't hang, I can do some riding and get back to the car.
07 Redline Monocog Flight 29'er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)
07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3 (The One That Started It All)

Advertisement: