Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: I just joined SWAMP  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
I just joined SWAMP
« on: June 07, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »
My wife and I just joined SWAMP.  The reason I'm making a thread about this is WHY we joined.

We were at Boyette with friends and met Gregg and Jonathan (FactorE) in the parking lot.  They talked us into riding Abyss our first time and offered to show us the way.

Both of those guys gave my wife and I confidence, encouragement, and instruction, stopping at every drop and hill to show us the proper line, then going first to show us the obstacles aren't as bad as we thought.

These guys took about an hour out of their ride to help two total strangers and I couldn't thank them enough. 

Since these two guys (and everyone else we've met in SWAMP so far) were so friendly and helpful, I decided to support the organization.

So I just joined, and look forward to more rides with you guys and even some work days when the weather cools down some. 
07 Redline Monocog Flight 29'er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)
07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3 (The One That Started It All)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: I just joined SWAMP
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 06:53:16 PM »
I was just here earlier this week thanking Eric and Paul for helping me out....It is all about sharing...glad you guys had a good time - see you on the trails again soon

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 07:17:07 PM »
My wife and I just joined SWAMP.  The reason I'm making a thread about this is WHY we joined.

We were at Boyette with friends and met Gregg and Jonathan (FactorE) in the parking lot.  They talked us into riding Abyss our first time and offered to show us the way.

Both of those guys gave my wife and I confidence, encouragement, and instruction, stopping at every drop and hill to show us the proper line, then going first to show us the obstacles aren't as bad as we thought.

These guys took about an hour out of their ride to help two total strangers and I couldn't thank them enough. 

Since these two guys (and everyone else we've met in SWAMP so far) were so friendly and helpful, I decided to support the organization.

So I just joined, and look forward to more rides with you guys and even some work days when the weather cools down some. 

It was our pleasure to meet you guys. We both enjoyed helping you guys with the challenge. You both did real well for the first time. I expect to see you out on those trails again.  ;) I bet riding Golf Cart back seemed like a cake walk ;D!

It was good to meet Daskk69 out there too! I really appreciate the video too!

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »
Oh man, if those 2 clowns showed you the lines you need to go out with someone else and have them show you the right ones! :D Welcome to the SWAMP!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 08:30:41 PM »
Oh man, if those 2 clowns showed you the lines you need to go out with someone else and have them show you the right ones! :D Welcome to the SWAMP!

I swear that I didn't tell them to lean forward and use the front brake ;D!

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 08:32:22 PM »

I swear that I didn't tell them to lean forward and use the front brake ;D!

LOL! ;)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Anthem1

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 09:21:28 PM »
Welcome DaveO :)

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »
thanks for all of the welcomes. 

I've been trying really hard to lean way forward and stab the front brake every time I stop.  I keep falling like Jonathan said I would, but I figure with a bunch more practice I'll get it down.  I just hope my health insurance doesn't drop me  :-[
07 Redline Monocog Flight 29'er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)
07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3 (The One That Started It All)

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
thanks for all of the welcomes. 

I've been trying really hard to lean way forward and stab the front brake every time I stop.  I keep falling like Jonathan said I would, but I figure with a bunch more practice I'll get it down.  I just hope my health insurance doesn't drop me  :-[

Haha........ ;D

Advertisement: