Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: One Gear Wed.  (Read 2731 times)

Luis

One Gear Wed.
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »

Let's try this again...

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: One Gear Wed.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
I'll be there on my Flight 29'er.  If its OK my wife may be riding with me on her 3x9, but she rides slow so its like she's on an SS. :o  So if you guys can't handle all of the drivetrain noise, she'll ride with me :)
07 Redline Monocog Flight 29'er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)
07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3 (The One That Started It All)

Luis

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »
but she rides slow so its like she's on an SS.

hmm... you lost me there, Dave.   

To clarify: this will not be a slow ride.

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 12:54:13 PM »
I will see if I can make it.. My buddy was very interested in the frame you mentioned.    So I guess you survived the heat saturday. I went home and watched a movie in the AC! soo nice..

Luis

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 01:37:30 PM »
I will see if I can make it.. My buddy was very interested in the frame you mentioned.    So I guess you survived the heat saturday. I went home and watched a movie in the AC! soo nice..

It was hot as hell... I had to back off the intensity and quit after 1 lap...

Luis

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 06:02:39 AM »
Bumpity bump

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 07:17:47 AM »
You coming sandpine? I will be up for one lap. i did 2 laps out there last tuesday.  Too much... Anyone know the trail conditions at the hole? hopefully it is not a beach still.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:52:29 AM »
You bet.  I will also be there double dipping today.  Maybe I can get my 40 this time.  1GWed will only be one lap for me.

Luis

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 08:01:44 AM »
The route I usually follow is:

In through the hole> gatorbait> indian> grandpa> techno pig> washboard> heartbreak> main trail> panther> squiggy>l evee>main>  levee> bayshore> coconut grove> hole

Hope to see you all there!

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 02:39:42 PM »
that's a whole lot of trail for me.  I may sit these out until I'm able to keep up better.

If I ride the loop with no extra trails thrown in it takes about 3 hours for me.  I really don't want to hold everyone back.

Me and a couple of other people will probably be at hole in the fence tomorrow trying to get a ride in (if it stays dry)

Luis

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 09:14:31 AM »
that's a whole lot of trail for me.  I may sit these out until I'm able to keep up better.

If I ride the loop with no extra trails thrown in it takes about 3 hours for me.  I really don't want to hold everyone back.

Me and a couple of other people will probably be at hole in the fence tomorrow trying to get a ride in (if it stays dry)

Keep at it Dave! You may want to show up to a fast group ride once in a while and give it everything you have...it will make you faster...really.

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 09:17:54 AM »
Yeah, I definitely don't mind working harder to get faster, but I just feel really bad about holding everyone up at my pace.

I'll ride some shorter rides with you guys until I can keep up more, then I'll be better on the long ones.

Actually, I just thought, what I may do is ride with you guys from hole in the fenct to Heartbrake ridge.  Then I can turn around and go back while you guys carry on.  Maybe I'll do that next week!

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 07:05:10 PM »
Ugh...missed another full week of riding.  I have the virus that seems to be going around (sore throat, congestion, throbbing headache, etc) so I'm down and out for a bit.  Hopefully I can get a ride in this weekend or at least be good to go for a couple weekday rides next week.  :(

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 09:06:54 PM »
I dont think I can do wednsdays due to Prior obligations. any chance of one gear tuesdays??? or thursday??  Those I can do fo sho.. 8)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 09:55:29 PM »
I dont think I can do wednsdays due to Prior obligations. any chance of one gear tuesdays??? or thursday??  Those I can do fo sho.. 8)
Second that.  But I'll still alternate so only one day a week at WTA for me.  It was a fun fast ride today.  I'll bring a fresher pair of legs to the next one.

Advertisement: