Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette Trail maintenance this Saturday June 14th  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Boyette Trail maintenance this Saturday June 14th
« on: June 10, 2008, 08:39:01 AM »
Hey folks it's that time again; we can really use your help.  This coming Saturday is the Boyette Trail Maintenance Day.  Meet in the parking lot at 8:45 and we'll head in at 9:00 until 12:30.  Just a few hours from your day.
We have an assortment of areas to tackle.  All of the trails need trimming.  A few areas need fixes.

Many of you are aware that Upper Loch Ness has a soft sandy drop-in that needs to be repaired.  It is also impossible to make coming from the other direction.

We also want to get started on cutting in Garry's Loop.  We need folks who can wield a pick mattox and shovel for in there.

The Quadrants, North Abyss, and Woods Trail all need trimming.

So, with a lot of area to cover, between trimming and digging, we could use a good strong turnout.

Please RSVP so we know how many to prepare for and have lunch with beverage available.   Bring gloves, hydration, bug spray and tools if you have them.  Otherwise tools will be provided.   Hope to see you there.

Garry

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Boyette Trail maintenance this Saturday June 14th
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 11:05:47 PM »
So far only 5 volunteers for Saturdays Boyette workday.  Folks we need a lot more than that.  We do have a lot to get done and we will break for lunch at 12:00/12:30 and then call it a day.  We all enjoy riding clean, groomed trails.  Please join us if you can and let us know you're coming.

Thanks!

Offline c-dalerider

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • wishing I could ride more!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 07:43:20 AM »
Garry - I was actually planning on coming this week, but then I remembered a church activity I am leading this Saturday morning!

I will be out to one soon I promise!!!!!

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:46:49 PM »
I'm gonna bump this back to the top for ya Garry. I was gonna go trim North Creek but now I feel bad about nobody showing for Boyette, so I'll see ya Saturday morning. What is your email addy so I can send a RSVP? Also can I bring my dog?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline BrokeSpoke

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:56:27 PM »
I really want to help but getting a saturday  off of work is rare. I think I'm going to start requesting off certain Saturdays in advance because I would really love to give back to the awesome trails I ride.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »
I'm gonna bump this back to the top for ya Garry. I was gonna go trim North Creek but now I feel bad about nobody showing for Boyette, so I'll see ya Saturday morning. What is your email addy so I can send a RSVP? Also can I bring my dog?

Thanks!  We have a few more coming to help out, but a lot of work needs to get done.  Preserve rules are dogs must be on leash.  I know some people do let their dogs run with them.  Officially dogs must be on leash.  This works for RSVP.  You can also click on my name for my e-mail addy.

Advertisement: