Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: I had an idea!  (Read 1764 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
I had an idea!
« on: June 16, 2008, 07:43:28 AM »
I had better watch out, might overwork my brain! ;D Anyhow, where North Abyss empties out onto that grassy road that you take down to the bridge there is that drop off to the left that goes for quite a long way. What about building a contour type trail along that, snake it up and down the drop-off with gentle fast corners so you never lost momentum? I was looking at it over the weekend and thought it would make for a super fun, fast trail if done right.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: I had an idea!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:03:38 AM »
I had better watch out, might overwork my brain! ;D Anyhow, where North Abyss empties out onto that grassy road that you take down to the bridge there is that drop off to the left that goes for quite a long way. What about building a contour type trail along that, snake it up and down the drop-off with gentle fast corners so you never lost momentum? I was looking at it over the weekend and thought it would make for a super fun, fast trail if done right.

We have looked at that many times in the past and even got permission to run trail through there..but...we can barely get enough folks to come to the workdays to keep the existing trails maintained and newly mapped ones finished - let alone design and build more.  Looks like it gets tossed to the next year or year after.  :-(

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 10:48:07 AM »
You trying to guilt trip me into another Boyette workday Garry? LOL OK, it worked! See ya next month!

BTW I rode the woods trail yesterday for the first time. Should be a pretty neat section once it gets packed in. Boyette rode real well after all the rain, starting to pack back in nicely.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline BrokeSpoke

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »
I working on a promotion at work that will have me working monday-friday. non of this working every Saturday crap. I'll come to many work days, I promise.

Advertisement: