Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: hey roadies - campagnolo centaur ??  (Read 3345 times)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
hey roadies - campagnolo centaur ??
« on: June 19, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »
anybody have any experience with this stuff on their road bikes?

Offline roadie scum

• First Bike
Re: hey roadies - campagnolo centaur ??
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 05:19:06 PM »
It is the best deal for Campy IMO.  I have had the same parts on my bike for over 5 years now and they still perform flawlessly. 

Offline VELOMATT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Have a nice day!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 06:22:59 PM »
Its decent stuff, however it is pretty costly to fix and finding a shop that has the stuff is rare.  Its italian and they are proud of their stuff.
Gears??? We don't need no STINKING GEARS!!!

Offline roadie scum

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 08:08:09 AM »
Centaur is actually cheaper than Ultegra. 

Bike Works in Brandon is a Campy Pro-Shop, no problem getting parts there.  Plus, most shops can order the parts if needed. 

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »
yes indeed - from what i understand shimano breaks and campy breaks in

Offline egmuni

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 07:11:52 AM »
I've read good stuff regarding that group...it seems for the $s it's quite a bargain.  I'll have to disagree with you on Shimano, though.  I've never had any failures with Shimano.  I even run Shimano DA on my Colnago and I'm always constantly asked, why do I have Shimano on there and not "Italian" Campy...Cause the shizzz works flawlessly that's why. ;D   BTW...where you been...thought we'd be seeing more of you on the Gaither ride? ;)
Rick

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 08:41:22 AM »
I've read good stuff regarding that group...it seems for the $s it's quite a bargain.  I'll have to disagree with you on Shimano, though.  I've never had any failures with Shimano.  I even run Shimano DA on my Colnago and I'm always constantly asked, why do I have Shimano on there and not "Italian" Campy...Cause the shizzz works flawlessly that's why. ;D   BTW...where you been...thought we'd be seeing more of you on the Gaither ride? ;)

I am in the middle of getting a new road bike - I sold my old one and I am saving up to get what I want.  I will be back out there when I do.  That is a fun ride.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 10:48:53 AM »

got the bike finished last week - see you out there saturday A.M.

Offline jdk

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I LIKE BIKES
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 01:19:38 PM »
Where is this secret roadie meet up?? I'm thinking about getting a road bike since the trails are usually wet by the time I get to them lately..

^Me, while riding a Turner.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 01:39:06 PM »
Where is this secret roadie meet up?? I'm thinking about getting a road bike since the trails are usually wet by the time I get to them lately..

here is my rides:

mon-fri evenings upper tampa bay trail after work (weather permitting) usually a 27 mile loop ave speed 18
tues-wed-thursday am - vinoy park in st pete 7:00 am - 8:30am
sat am - going to the gaither ride this week (40 miler) ave speed 20s (this ride breaks off into groups)
sunday am - mike from flatland has a ride in clearwater (40 miler) ave speed 20s

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 08:59:08 PM »

here is my rides:

mon-fri evenings upper tampa bay trail after work (weather permitting) usually a 27 mile loop ave speed 18
sat am - going to the gaither ride this week (40 miler) ave speed 20s (this ride breaks off into groups)
sunday am - mike from flatland has a ride in clearwater (40 miler) ave speed 20s

You have crossed over into the "full time roadie zone" my friend.  What's up with that!!??
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 09:21:16 PM »

here is my rides:

You have crossed over into the "full time roadie zone" my friend.  What's up with that!!??

we shall see if it might help out my MTBing..only time will tell

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »
Bro, you're a better rider that you give yourself credit.  You were a good rider on the Blur if I remember right.
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »

here is my rides:

Dude, I gotta know.  What kind of job do you have that you can ride all over the bay area every day of the week?  I'm jealous.
07 Redline Monocog Flight 29'er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)
07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3 (The One That Started It All)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 10:26:18 AM »
i have a 9-5 job

I wake up at 5:45 AM and I also ride after work - I can ride to the trail from my house

Advertisement: