Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Shelly's Loop  (Read 5816 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Shelly's Loop
« on: June 29, 2008, 01:02:57 PM »
The climb on the back side is bad, bad, bad. I'm not gonna say it is impossible, because nothing is impossible! ;D Does awesome Art have any ideas on how we can fix it this weekend coming up?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Anthem1

Re: Shelly's Loop
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 02:47:45 PM »
Other than the root at the top it's as good as I remember it ever being. Now if I could just get over that dang root ;D

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:35:14 AM »
Other than the root at the top it's as good as I remember it ever being. Now if I could just get over that dang root ;D

??? Did you ride out there yesterday? I've been riding that trail for almost 3 years and it has never been this bad, ever.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline northbkr1

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »
I'm going out there On Thursday to ride and see what needs to be done for the workday. I thought everyone wanted things to be HARDER.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »
I'm going out there On Thursday to ride and see what needs to be done for the workday. I thought everyone wanted things to be HARDER.

leave it hard

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 08:46:36 AM »
The erosion made the climb not as steep as before but yes the root on top is a challenge.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 10:44:17 AM »

Hard, yes. Impossible or next to, no. That little 6 inch step-up is now a 18 inch step-up, and the climb is now a super soft, sandy, narrow gully. You'll see what I mean.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 10:51:16 AM »

Hard, yes. Impossible or next to, no. That little 6 inch step-up is now a 18 inch step-up, and the climb is now a super soft, sandy, narrow gully. You'll see what I mean.
Sounds like a good challenge to me.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 11:14:05 AM »
pave it!   ;D

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 02:18:01 PM »
The root would be that big of a deal if there was a way to keep your traction. It gets softer everytime someone rides it.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »
The root would be that big of a deal if there was a way to keep your traction. It gets softer everytime someone rides it.

Exactly. But I guess I'm just some scrub that can't ride sandpine without crashing 3 times. ::)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »

Exactly. But I guess I'm just some scrub that can't ride sandpine without crashing 3 times. ::)

hey now - I only crashed twice on sandpine

Anthem1

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 06:44:05 PM »
After Art spent the week there grooming(Thanks Art :))a few weeks ago that climb was as good as I had ever seen it. I have not been there for over a week now so the torrential rains must have done it in.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 09:03:36 PM »
After Art spent the week there grooming(Thanks Art :))a few weeks ago that climb was as good as I had ever seen it. I have not been there for over a week now so the torrential rains must have done it in.

A few weeks ago it was great, good challenge. Two Sunday's ago it was bad, this past Sunday it was worse. Trust me guys, if I come up and say something needs to be looked at it is pretty bad.

Offline northbkr1

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 12:07:53 AM »
Hey, if you guys would learn to do wheelies when your climbing, roots and rocks on climbs are fun. Try it.

Advertisement: